Stanley bits? 575?

I have just acquired a Record 050. In the box of bits were these Stanley bits.

have Made in USA and 575 stamped on them. Anyone know what they might be for?

Many thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

Interestingly I was in Pennyfarthings in Salsbury(UK) - they deal in all sorts of old tools... I had these items with me and asked the guy in the shop if he knew what they were. He had no idea. Anyway, I browsed round the shop and there in a cabinet were the very same items! With a tag saying "Adjustable Bit Gauge - £9.50". Unfortunately no one in the shop (owner away on hols) was able to shed any light on what they are for.

I will return in a few weeks time and discuss with the owner. I wonder what an Adjustable Bit Gauge does... Hmmm...

Reply to
RzB

For info - solved by the guys on uk.d-i-y....

It is a depth stop. Once I had the thing in place I was amazed at how simple it was to adjust and how well it worked. Just slacken off the wingnuts and screw the guide up or down as necessary.

RzB