Stanley 59

Exhumed my trusty ol' Stanley 59 dowel jig from beneath a mountain of miscellany. I then end-drilled 18 spindles (stiles?) and 4 rails. (Those little thingies make up a nice visual at each end of the coffee table I'm making. It's a bit mission style-ish. IIIIIIIII

I became downright nostalgic. My first large kitchen project was done with it...I used it to make the face-frames. Sure it's a bit 'manual'... one hole at the time, but they're RIGHT where I want them plus-minus nuttin'! Annnnd.. with a PilotPoint DeWaltDisney drill bit (3/8) an absolute buttery experience. Clean, perfect holes.

So I had a thought (Yayayaya, shit happens).... Take my plate joiners, my K3 Kreg.. but leave me this little nugget. Stanley 59.

As long as I don't feel any neanderness washing over me, I'm still okay, right? :)

Robatoy

You MAY be OK. I dunno. I am still not sure about the

"r"

that appears at the end of some posts, not at others. I am not sure this is the real Robatoy that was joyous at the thought of corian shavings so thin they filled the air like so many snowflakes.

I don't want to start thinking of you as one of the "galoots"!. Sure, I love my dowel jig, but I would never admit it!

OK, just thought I would try it out. ;^)

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Sometimes I'll be on MSN with friends of ours and my wife will fire off a comment when she walks by and bumps me away from the keyboard and will put a little 'a' at the bottom to let our friends know it was her her. Then I will put the 'r' under the next post again, after I have elbowed and wrestled her away again from the keyboard... in longer chats, we'll fire up the laptop with her own ID. So.. hence the

r (I really don't do that consciously.)

Now... it is a nice buzz when all is running well and the shop does fill with floaties. The floaties-to-powder ratios tell me volumes about the condition of the bits and blades. Yes, I get giddy when making a mess.

I'm not ready for galoot-dom yet. I'm more into creating than sharpening.

Rob.

Reply to
Robatoy