Stanley T31 brad nailer, broken any ideas?

All, I am looking for some parts or advice on how to fix a barely used Stanley T31 Brad Nailer. It was my late fathers so I guess there is some attachment on my part to his tools that i remember him using. Anyways, the piston stop/cylinder seal (all one unit) under the cylinder cap is damaged/ripped. I need a replacement.

Unfortunately this 12 year old nailer, according to Stanley, is obsolete and parts are not available for it. I can not even get them to send me a schematic.

Does anyone know of a place where I can get parts for the T31? Any other nailer that is similar in design where I could get a similar part? Anyone got a busted up one that has a good top end? Any Ideas?

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
Solomon_Man

Brad nailers are inexpensive. Buy a new one.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Hey Chris,

There is one on ebay. That may have the parts you need.

Steve

Reply to
stephenburke72

luck in your search.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

If the nailer has some sentimental value and you want to fix it, I think ebay may be your place.

Otherwise, Stanley tools sold Bostitch tools under the name "Stantech". We had some roofing and siding nailers that were "Stantech" branded, but when we need seals, trigger plungers and anything else we always go them from Bostich.

Don't know about now, but they used to have a great technical department.

Be careful, though as they have moved their manufacturing all over hell's half acre trying to be competitive. I have Bostitch guns made in the USA as well as Taiwan.

Good luck!

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41