Stanley door weatherstripping

My obviously poor attempts at searching have not produced a source of weatherstripping - door edge as well as bottom - for my 15 year old, Stanley, French doors. Does anyone have a source for Stanley door parts? I have a phone number for Stanley garage door info but there's just nothing coming up for entry doors. Maybe they're out of the business now. Someone should be carrying it, though.

TIA, Chuck

Reply to
C & E

cm in cheyenne had written this in response to

: Chuck--

Have you had any luck locating weatherstripping for those Stanley doors? When I bought Stanley metal doors, I thought the magnetic weatherstripping was a great idea, but I'm going to change my mind if I have to replace the entire door because the weatherstripping is worn out.

wood butcher

------------------------------------- C & E wrote:

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 323132 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
cm in cheyenne

:

Google is your friend;

I used this set on my Stanley and it works well. On the bottom, an Md door bottom seal will work but it is a little too thick, a bit of trimming does the trick, I put an inside sweep on the door as well, very tight now.

Reply to
Eric in North TX

Yea, butcher, i did. I called the garage door people and they gave me the

800# for them. IIRC, Masonite now handles that product. I'll try to remeber to get the # for you tonight. The girl on the other end was a ditz and ended up giving me the weatherstrip at no charge because she couldn't figure out how to bill it !(?) Unfortunately, being a ditz she sent me eough stripping to do one, three foot entry door. Since my top piece was apparently still good I'm kiving with it as is. I'll do my best to get that for you. Chuck

:

Reply to
C & E

> :

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 323349 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
cm in cheyenne

:

That's the reason I switched to wood heat. But that has gone up from $110/ cord last year to $160/ cord this year. No method is immune from the frantic runup in prices. Can you say, "recession"?

Reply to
C & E