Stanley Door Opener problems

&*%@ing power surges (and ex-husbands, see my post on dishwashers!)!

Ok, found a great circuit board for my Stanley Garage Door Opener on eBay. Things looked very promising as I'm out there teetering on the ladder. Then I realized something wasn't right.

Light was on, door came up and latched, safety thing went off. I clicked again. Nothing. The electronic eyes are NOT ON. Yes, I plugged the little white plug in. The lights aren't coming on. If I hold the wall switch all the way down the door will go. This obviously isn't an option for the long haul...

Any ideas?

Gina

Reply to
gina

If you still have the same problem you did before, its probably because you replaced the wrong board. The sensor eyes have a circuit board too. If the door wouldn't close on its own without holding in the wall button, then the sensor eyes need to be replaced. They can be purchased on Ebay too. I had to do this last spring.

Reply to
Steve Newman

Could very well be the sensors. When the sensor lights don't go on, 9 times out of 10 I've seen this problem, the sensors were the problem, not the circuit board.

Good luck

GD_Co.