spruce up kitchen cabinets

I am looking for an easy way to give my wooden kitchen cabinets a facelift. Don't want to go through the refinishing process. wondering if anybody knows a good way to make them "POP" again?? I used Briwax on one of them and it works pretty good, but wondering if anybody has a better longer lasting solution?? TIA Dave

Reply to
Dave

Hi Dave,

About 1.5 years ago, we gave our oak cabinets a facelift. What I did was to take all the doors off, remove hardware (which we changed) and cleaned them with 0000 steel wool & mineral spirits. Then I ran some stain over them to fill in any scratches etc. After a few days to dry, I rubbed them gently with steel wool and then put 2 coats of wipe on poly on them. Same treatment for the drawers & faceframes.

This made them "pop" like new - actually, better than new IMHO.

Nice hardware makes a big difference.

Lou

Reply to
loutent

loutent wrote in news:141020051611538189% snipped-for-privacy@dot.net:

that sounds like a great idea. no need for stripping which is the main thing i wanted to avoid. the rest i can handle, just didnt want the mess of stripping. THANKS Dave

Reply to
Dave