Thomasville Kitchen Cabinets

So what's your f****ng point? You braggin' or complainin'?

Reply to
Red Neckerson

We're buying three Thomasville kitchen cabinets to make an island. Two

12" cabinets with a drawer and door below. one 36" cabinet that will hold a cooktop with two doors below. We've heard good and bad about Thomnasville from Home Depot. The island will be 60" by "24" standard cabinet depth with a granite countertop that will overhang to give more room. regarding the cabinets, what construction options should we order if any to make the island as sturdy and long lasting as possible. The HD guy added plywood ends, he said, to give better support. we haven't made a final decision yet and would like to hear comments for and against Thomasville. remember, this is just for a relatively small island. we are keeping all of our existing cabinetry
Reply to
XXX

There are a lot of things involved with an island with granite overhang. Are you doing this yourself or do you have a contractor?

RicodJour

bragging, jerkoff, RTF message asshole and find the clue!

Reply to
XXX

A contractor is handling it. my question is will i be faced with a horror by buying from HD? do the cabinets come partially put together or Ikea-style, flat-packed? what options should i order as above. Thanks in advance. just hope the redneck doesn't respond again, lol.

Reply to
XXX

Thomasville comes fully assembled. HD is the main retail outlet for that brand. The brand is good and if you trust the installer, he will be good. HD is just making delivery. Not as bad as using one of their contractors they pull out of a hat for you.

Not sure what options you are takling about but I did note that things like the self closing drawer slides were more expensive installed on the cabinets then it would cost to go to the next isle in HD and buy them seperately and put them on yourself. The same is probably true for pulls and the fancy pull out thingies they put inside. Buy basic cabinets and use aftermarket kits to upgrade

All construction options will feel sturdy until something goes wrong. One good leak and the MDF is saturated and warping but the plywood just dries out without deforming. Since you are only buying 3 fairly standard cabnets and the door choice is the same for all three, go for the gusto and get plywood. Whats the upcharge? 15%?

Reply to
PipeDown