looking at the Saw Stop saws

I am Woodcraft yesterday and I am looking at the Saw Stop saws. No money to buy one, but just thinking when I upgrade maybe I will go that route. On the saw there is a video playing that is demonstrating the how the saw works.

Some other customer stands next to me and says: "What they don't tell you is that after the saw does its thing in an emergency you need to buy new parts from them to make the saw work again."

I say: "But you still have your fingers"

He then says: "But your saw won't work again until you buy the parts - from them!"

I almost replied again with "You still have your fingers" but I figured it was pointless. Apparently this guy has figured out that the corporate plan is to save your fingers but stick it to you in the wallet afterwards.

Larry C

Reply to
Larry C

I kept telling my youngest daughter that, on a daily basis, roughly half the people she deals with are below average IQ ... but she responded that I didn't factor in that many of them might be concentrated in one area ... wherever it is that Al Franken lives.

Reply to
Swingman

He was probably trying to offset the cost of a wiener vs the cost of the replacement part.

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

I think you meant to write Michelle Bachman.

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Nope ... wouldn't know who she is if she bit me on the butt. Did she cheat on her taxes also?

Reply to
Swingman

Chuckle. I just tell them they can't even open the emergency room door for that amount of money :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Believe it or not, most of the people she deals with are above the average IQ. Here's why.

  1. Almost all women have average IQs (90-110), yielding an average of 100. Theirs is not a bell curve so much as a horizontal line.
  2. Men are pretty evenly distributed between 50 and 150, again yielding an average of 100. Men's intelligence curve is also pretty much a straight line but instead of horizontal, it's diagonal. Now very many of men below, say,
80 are locked up somewhere, so the one's she runs into are in the range of 80-150, or an average of 120 or so, significantly above average.

An interesting consequence of the above is that your average man (on the street) is smarter than your average woman.

Reply to
HeyBub

Too bad you did not think to ask him about Global Warming. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Jeeez... Really, it could get tangled up? Just how limp are you man. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Fail

... she sells women's handbags.

Reply to
Swingman

RE: Subject

One of my favorites for demonstrating stupidity:

"Me and Charlie went to the movie."

Hint: It's the structure not the content.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

or in public office...

Reply to
Nonny

...to the theater?...

Reply to
Nonny

... snip

LOL! Dang it! Now I've gotta go find the windex.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

OK - kinda old but seems appropriate:

A self-made Texas oilman/rancher billionaire flew his private jet to visit his son at Harvard. He was supposed to meet him at the campus law library. Walking across the campus in blue jeans and boots, he stopped a young preppy law student to ask for directions.

"Son, can you tell me where the law library is at?"

The young student put on a look of disgust and replied "Sir this is Harvard. At Harvard we do not end our sentences with a preposition."

The older gentleman shrugged and said "You are absolutely right. Can you tell me where the law library is at.....ASSHOLE!"

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Frankin paid his taxes just to the wrong state, Bachmann tell the poor to pull up there bootstraps then collects welfare for her farm to almost

800,000, it's a republican Hippocratic oath thing.Forget the coolaid chew the teabag
Reply to
Rusty

I love how the anti climate change conspiracists always come out in winter ...it's not that hot right now! Talking 1.5 to 3.5 degrees more at the poles than at the equator. The ice flows are disappearing . But then again maybe that puddle at the end of your driveway didn't have ice on it like it did the same time last year. Do your own research ..lol

Reply to
Rusty

IP Information - 70.67.34.24 Host name S01060020ed678525.pi.shawcable.net Country Canada Canada Country Code CA Region British Columbia City Port Alberni Latitude 49.2333 Longitude -124.8

... and why would YOU give a shit, eh?

Reply to
Swingman

Actually, that is not really true:

It is really unknown whether he paid the proper amount in his own state because he hasn't released his tax returns. That also doesn't explain the fact that, even when working in New York, and claiming to live there, he failed to pay a $25,000 fine for failing to carry workers' compensation for his employees. Now, one would think that a champion of the little guy and the middle class would have been scrupulously careful to make sure he was abiding by workers' compensation requirements, wouldn't you?

Um, if you are referring to legally eligible farm subsidies, there is a vast difference between something legally granted and failing to pay legally required taxes or carry legally required workers comp insurance.

Not nearly so much as the leftwing that whines and moans about the "rich" not paying their fair share when a) they themselves are wealthy, and b) there is nothing preventing them from paying more than they owe.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita