SkilSaw

What is a brand new 1978 SkilSaw 574C worth today? It was used ONCE ain 1979 or 1980 in original box - made in Canada - not China or Mexico or wherever. 10 amp 7 1/4 inch with standard (not carbide) blade.
On 9/19/2019 3:13 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:> What is a brand new 1978 SkilSaw 574C worth today? It was used ONCE > ain 1979 or 1980 in original box - made in Canada - not China or > Mexico or wherever. 10 amp 7 1/4 inch with standard (not carbide) > blade. >
That's going to be a hard sale. Its a great saw. A new similar model Skil made out of plastic is going to run $40 to $70 depending on the model. Most folks will just see that its old. Not that its in great condition.
I think my dad has one very similar that's still good. He bought his in 1969 or 1970 I think to build our family grocery store. I used it when I was working for the phone company in 1987 or 1988.
I'd love to have one, but I have A nice Ryobi,a cheap Ryobi, and a Skill Worm Drive. Each one setup for a different job.

I'm hoping to find someone who appreciates the quality of the old metal tools to give $50 for it.
Have a Black and Decker workwheel in like new condition too - going to see if I can get $25 for it.