shop paint choice

thinking just white paint as it reflects the most light

but flat or semi or gloss

looking for the best coating that will resist collecting dust and will blow off and thinking gloss would be best for that

Reply to
Electric Comet

Definitely best to use a gloss paint - but the semi looks better

Reply to
clare

Panel the shop with a high gloss white paneling. Oh wait, you are using lath and plaster, right?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

That's why they make semi-gloss and egg-shell. Hard, easy to clean, surface and hides defects almost as well as flat.

Reply to
krw

wish i could get that white stuff they put on the roof of atlanta falcons dome

never needs cleaning it is formulated so nothing sticks to it

Reply to
Electric Comet

Yes white paint. My basement walls and floors are painted white. The shop. Flat, semi, gloss? Cheap and sold in 5 gallon buckets is the key.

Reply to
russellseaton1

replying to Electric Comet, Iggy wrote: Semi-gloss or gloss is the most durable and will reject scuff marks. Though, white can be a bit sterile and unnatural for staining or refinishing, unless the rest of the house is white. Here's a great little article on how color can effect your work and your mood or rate of success with projects

Iggy

None of that applies to the orignal question which was what color to use in a woodworking workshop. White is the appropriate answer, in conjunction with natural light, or with artifical light at circa

5000K color temperature.
Reply to
Scott Lurndal

replying to Scott Lurndal, Iggy wrote: I disagree and so do your eyes. If your house isn't white and brilliant bright inside, a staining project will look completely different than it did in the shop. That's why photographers use different lighting and colors to change the tone of anything. Going to an orange, yellow, light blue or light green will not only improve the feel of the shop but will lend some softness to the project's look, while reflecting almost the same amount of light as white.

Reply to
Iggy

Please learn to quote properly. Using something other than home moaners hub would be a good start.

Second, interiors are repainted every few years. Staining furniture intended to last multiple lifetimes to match a transient interior is silly.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

From what I read, we should all be painting the shop orange. I'm on my way to the paint store now. May be good in the bedroom too, if you know what I mean!

Orange evokes excitement and enthusiasm, and is an energetic color. While not a good idea for a living room or for bedrooms, this color is great for an exercise room; it will bring out all the emotions that you need released during your fitness routine. In ancient cultures, orange was believed to heal the lungs and increase energy levels.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Wow! You do a lot of painting, and yet, you still missed my spot here.

Reply to
Iggy

You will have to provide a whole lot of proof for that claim. The claim ab out reflecting almost the same amount of light as white. White is the brig htest color. Yellow is bright too. But not as bright. White is the top. And black is the bottom. Every other color is between those extremes. It s less bright than white, and brighter than black.

Reply to
russellseaton1

replying to russellseaton1, Iggy wrote: Just use your eyes, you won't find a buttercup yellow, hunter's orange, sky blue or HomeOwners Hub green room makes a brightness difference much at all. Then, you've got to explain your "white" is it actually Brilliant White like from Home Depot's Behr paint or is it Benjamin Moore's or Sherwin Williams' sad, poor and grotesque example of "Brilliant White"...that crap's grey, dingy, old and as defunct as the manufacturers.

Reply to
Iggy

Why do you snip our posts to such an extent that there absolutely no context left?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Why do you snip our posts to such an extent that there absolutely no context left?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Why do you snip our posts to such an extent that there absolutely no context left?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

replying to DerbyDad03, Iggy wrote: Because Russell only responded to me once, if you can't track that it ain't me that's the problem. Additionally, I don't use newsgroup crap since the "wonders" of the web list things both chronologically and usually beneath what whomever's responding to. Staying stuck in the 90's is a choice, I chose not to by 1995.

Reply to
Iggy

Wow! Thanks for sharing, David Duke ... white supremacy much? smh

Reply to
Larry Blanchard