Semi OT: not archived

I have noticed more in alt.home.repair than here posts that are marked to not be archived. Is this something the ISPs are adding to messages to reduce the overhead or does it have to be done by the poster?

I'd ask over there but this group is (as usual) more knowledgeable about this subject.

Reply to
Limp Arbor

Any poster can indicate that they do not desire their posts to be archived by adding the X-No-Archive: yes header to their post. Pretty silly, since the header is non-standard, and not necessarily obeyed.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Does anybody other than Google maintain a significant archive? Does Google obey x-no-archive?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Yes, google deletes them after around 30 days or so. There's a note in google on the post that it is not going to be archived if they set that header. I believe the practice is pretty much entirely aimed at google.

Reply to
LEGEND65