Re: Top window falls automatically

I see this complaint a lot but I think it's misplaced.

I think homemoaners works differently from home.repair. It's web-based and emphasizes searching on a topic to find posts on similar topics. Then people ask their own questions in a thread that can run for years and is about that topic. It doesn't matter that the previous poster was 15 years earlier. What matters to the current poster is whether someone will answer him or not. Homemoaners is happy to have people answer in a thread that has been running for decades because at least sometimes, the answers are related. It doers't matter if the poster from years ago solved his problem or not.

Home.repair posts are seen mostly by current readers. A post doesn't get connected to one from years ago unless the poster or reader on his own computer has posts going back years and the chosen subject line is exactly the same as an earlier subject line. Then the new post and answer to it get sorted together along with the one from years ago, and it's very likely the person with lots of very old posts on his own computer will never see the new post or answers to it, because they will sort so high in the list.

IOW homemoaners and home.repair work very differently.

Reply to
micky