Sawstop's suit against Ryobi is upheld

That's why I bought the splitter/plaws (the lefty version of this:

for my Unisaur. It's trivial to attach, so it gets used.

Absolutely!

Reply to
krw

Gimmick? Maybe. It's a model identifier. I used it only to distinguish a "recent" model from the new one with the controls on the front. I bought mine in 2009, I think.

Reply to
krw

Less than relevant, Lewser. Do you drive a car? You do know that people get killed doing that.

What a Lewser.

Reply to
krw

Looks to be harder now, but I've seen them for sale (new).

Reply to
krw

Which also means that the customer cannot count on their goodwill, making it meaningless.

Predigest? You just act without thinking? I think a *lot* before spending a few thousand dollars.

Reply to
krw

Gass *IS* the slick attorney.

Reply to
krw

No, he clearly meant that he doesn't walk into a decision with his mind made up before he has all the facts. I'm assuming this will mean nothing to you as it must be an entirely alien concept for you.

H. G. Wells had a nice line on the matter. "At last they had all the facts they would permit."

Considering our forum, perhaps the Chinese proverb fits it and you better. =93A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood.=94

You still don't get it. Nobody is trying to talk you into buying anything. The CPSC hasn't rolled out any new regulations. The regulations they will roll out will not take the shape of your Chicken Little fears. And there are always alternatives.

So what's you beef? Oh, right, ethics. Right. Of course. Hoo boy.

RicodJour

I'm in Canada, not the USA. Here it appears that reduced insurance costs are the deciding factor.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Just going by what my local Woodcraft store is indicating, SS sales by far out number Delta, Jet, and Powermatic.

Reply to
Leon

But those overhead guards are sooooo expensive... ;~)

No let there be an opt out waver. You acknowledge and buy at your own risk. You buy the saw you loose the right to blame some one else.

Reply to
Leon

Shouldn't be "blaming someone else" for your stupidity, anyway. If the tort argued about here had followed those rules, it wouldn't be.

Reply to
krw

"I choose not to predigest my decisions."

NO, dimwit, it is *YOU* who doesn't get it. Unlike you leftists, I like

*CHOICE* and *FREEDOM*, even if it does mean more *RESPONSIBILITY*.

No, they're forcing the issue.

Why don't you read for comprehension, for once. (not likely)

Did you leave your brain somewhere? No, of course not.

Reply to
krw

Actually there are legitimate reasons to blame some one else. Suppose the guard breaks and the blade throws it at you and you are injured. Suppose the arbor breaks and the blade hits you. But being injured when there is nothing wrong is your own fault and to protect the manufacturer I think every purchaser should sign an agreement acknowledging the risks of using a saw with out a SawStop feature and he assumes full responsibility.

Reply to
Leon

I agree that would be nice, unfortunately you can't contract away liability.

Reply to
Swingman

If it wasn't properly maintained...

Perhaps you should have to sign such a statement when you buy a pool, a bathtub, or even a 5-gallon bucket? How about a car, bicycle, motorcycle. What about skateboards, skis, and airplane tickets? How about every time you ride in a car? How about a pizza, or *horrors* a BigMac!

There is *nothing* good about nannyism.

Reply to
krw

Yeah but hey. LOL

I had a great response to you concerning the $350 extra for the Delta saw with the SawStop but the computer locked up when I hit send and I ain't going to type it all out again. ;~(

Anyway to recap, Yes I would pay $350 more for a saw over the SawStop if it was equally equipped and I wanted that particular brand over SawStop. I bought a Laguna to get what I wanted and it was considerably more than $350 more than the competition.

I would not pay the"same" price for the current Unisaw equiped exactly like the saw stop.

I would buy YOUR model Unisawnew at todays prices, not later models, with the SawStop technology and pay $400 extra with out a second thought.

I would buy a PM2000 with Sawstop technology over the SawStop for $3400 over the current $2999.

I don't like the way Gass is reportedly going after the market but I wont let that keep me from purchasing this particular technology should I decide to buy a safer saw.

Reply to
Leon

Edison "was content to let the market take its course"? You should read up on what Edison did to Nikola Tesla.

Reply to
Just Wondering

I'll sell you mine, if can find it. :-)

Reply to
willshak

Up here in the frozen north it appears that anyone teaching, especially kids, goes for the SS. Individuals do not.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Well, you're right - if you're talking about regulations and such.

Another blame to put on Congress is the excessive corporate tax, currently

2nd highest in the world. This encourages corporations to move their jobs - and make their profits - overseas. If not for the tax, they'd keep their corporate headquarters here and distribute their overseas profits amongst their domestic stockholders.
Reply to
HeyBub