rocklers new website

Looks like the daily deal on rocklers website is more like a weekly deal.

They say new savings daily. But since the relaunched, it has been the same daily.

Do they understand when they say new, that new means different.

Kind of like the digital fence.. more gimick than useful. For the fence price I would go buy a CNC router.

Reply to
woodchucker

Not just Rockler, Peachtree had a "digital marking gauge" they were touting in email this week.

A gimmick looking for problem where there is none. Probably sell a ton of them to folks who believe that term "affordable" so much in the news lately.

Reply to
Swingman

Gosh, both of these comments would fit under my "Advertising" thread! -- Bill

Reply to
Bill

I find the digital fence position gauges, router table height gauges, and planer depth gauges quite useful. The rest of the stuff is just the same people trying to broaden their product line.

I love gadgets. Not so much with anything the government tries to pawn off on me. Orwell was only a few years off in his predictions.

Reply to
krw

yes, not too far off. The thing is we ask for it... Stupid isn't it?

Reply to
woodchucker

Part of the "game" is that they may not really be trying to sell you the stated gadgets--but only trying to "keep you in the loop". They want you to keep their brand name and woodworking on your mind and don't want you to wander off into some other hobby. Anyone not been reminded of router tables sufficiently-adequately? This is validated by the poor quality and frequency of their email advertisements. If they wanted something more they would try harder. It cost them next to nothing to send you the same message several times per week. The better I've come to understand what they are doing, the less I appreciate it. I've paused to asked myself, "How many of their emails I've received from them in the last couple of years have been genuinely helpful?" What is it I did to deserve to be treated like that? (LOL)

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Exactly. Right down to the doublespeak ("Affordable Care Act").

Truly amazing.

Reply to
krw