New Festool Tools!!!!

Yes who else would be mentioning this but me?

Coming in September.

A new track saw unlike any other. It has a scoring blade! I knew this one was coming.

A bench top battery operated table saw. This one is different too. The table left of the blade slides, so sliding miter. And digitally controlled blade height and tilt.

Leon

They should make a vacum that charges an extra battery for the tablesaw.

Reply to
Markem618

Leon snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Looks like the scoring blade is a circular blade. I kinda expected something more like a knife blade. Looks like the scoring blade cuts down into the work while the main blade cuts up. Kinda like an up down End Mill/Router Bit.

It fits in a Systainer. Kinda neat--how tall is your stack?

It can link to your Smartphone. Usually it's a useless feature, but where it could *really* be useful is with a stepper controlled rip fence. Now your cut width is saved, so you can come back and remake a project days or years later.

(So here's how it works for different widths of saw blades. The fence will be electrically isolated from the blade, then the fence will "zero" against the blade by touching it to complete an electrical circuit. That point where the circuit is made is exactly, precisely, and repeatively

0" away from the blade. This works very well with CNC machines.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Upper end TS's can be purchased with these scoring blade options. It does cut down to push the top wood fibers down, rather than up, when it cuts. I almost pulled the trigger on one 10 years ago but I was looking for safety and went with the SS.

When I cut expensive plywood against the grain I always raise the blade about 1/8" and make a pass. Then again with the blade up so that the gullets clear the top of the panel.

It does not. My stack, pretty tall, 2 tall, 1 short, 7 normal.

LOL. Yeah! I was thinking that the digital input could increase accuracy.

Already in the making if their second attempt with Kick Starter is successful. But time is running out.

Shaper Origin started with Kick-starter. I am reluctant. I want to put my hands on it first. After I put my hands on one 4 years ago I bought an Origin.

BUT I used a stacked dado set often and on a left tilt saw the rip fence rail is no longer calibrated correctly. This fence would quickly solve that problem.

Reply to
Leon