1" (actual) thick cedar board availability

I'm repairing a colonial well house made of cedar boards and siding. The outside corners are 1" x 5.5" (actual) boards. I can't find any. Any idea where I should be looking?

Thanks!

Reply to
John Hawkins

You'll need a lumber mill. Where are you located?

Reply to
Michael

Is 5/4 cedar not close enough ? It's quite common for decks & such. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Could try this place

Markem618

You need to finf 5/4" stock -or look for a local saw mill who can rough cut 1" for you (preferably with a planer blade)

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Williamsburg, VA

Reply to
John Hawkins

Google "sawmill Williamsburg, VA"

There are several in the area that you can call and get prices.

Reply to
Michael

John Hawkins snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com on Tue, 8 Aug 2023 12:30:23 -0700 (PDT) typed in rec.woodworking the following:

As has been suggested, you might have luck looking for a sawmill.

You may have to get "over size" boards and cut / plane them to size.

Or, worst case, you use what is available and paint to match.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

On the assumption that 5/4" is nominal size and the milled size is 1" then you may find what you can use at Home Depot

5/4 in. x 6 in. x 8 ft. Premium Kiln-Dried Cedar Lumber

knuttle

No need for assuming the actual dimensions - just read the product specifications, for crying out loud .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Try these guys…

DerbyDad03