Rockler stole my idea.

At least they used the drawings that I posted on LumberJocks a year ago, and built the exact same thing. The cutouts are exactly as I laid it out.

I'll post some of the drawings on the binaries.

Reply to
woodchucker

For those without binary access:

I see what you're saying but the concept has been around for many years.

Spalted Walt

or

ChairMan

yep, but none, including the new one are for 2.5 hose, but yea, you found my original post.

Reply to
woodchucker

The hose doesn't stay connected to the vacuum.

That looks like the same thing. Seems that if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.

Looks like the same. Air and lawn hose reels are pretty much the same idea, too, except the fluid goes the other direction. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Stolen or not, I'd be too worried about clogs with it rolled up like that. Had any? How long is the vac hose on your reel?

Reply to
-MIKE-

You don't want to let it sit on the reel, you unwind then re-roll.

Reply to
woodchucker

like this?

bnwelch

It should be spring loaded with a (homemade) ratchet gear and pawl so it rolls back up by itself. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I like it as a storage unit, but I'm not sure I'd like to have to unroll the whole thing every time I want to use it, even when I only need a couple feet of hose.

Of course, looking at my current shop vac hose in the shop, I pretty much have to untangle the mess and re-tangle it every time. Hmmm....

Reply to
-MIKE-

Ya but you could get an inductive static discharge...............

;>

Reply to
Markem

Markem wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

If I hear about a shop exploding, I know whos it was!

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Between that and the oak rust, I better make sure my home owner's policy is paid up. :-D

Reply to
-MIKE-