Recent amazon pricing and unisaws -- good news and bad news

Good news. I was very excited to see that the unisaw I ordered on Thursday evening during Amazon's short-lived sale was actually shipped and is now sitting in a Chicago terminal (my town of residence) accroding ot the tracking info. The unisaw still appears as a "completed order" in my account. So far, so good.

Bad news. The part that's keeping me sitting on the edge of my seat is that my credit card has not yet been charged and this afternoon -- for some unexplained reason -- amazon cleared out all of the dozens of "saved items" in my shopping cart. They seem to be messing about with my account, but I don't understand what is served by deleting my saved-items/wish-I-owned-it list. I fear that they will recall the shipment before it arrives, which explains why my credit card has not yet been charged.

Anyone have one of these recent low-priced amazon items appear as "shipped" together with tracking information only to have amazon cancel it in mid-shipment? Someone commented yesterday that this has happened to them in a previous episode.

I'd rather know now if it is not going to go through rather than spend another day with my head in the clouds researching 110v->220v conversion for no reason.

Reply to
Lars

Don't know if this applies to your situation, but I did NOT get in on the "non-sale" and yet a few days ago my saved shopping cart stuff had been emptied. I fixed that my manually logging out of Amazon.com and then logging back in. Stuff re-appeared. As for the credit card, how do you know it has not been charged? Seems like a peculiar question, but if you "know" this because you did not see it on-line at your credit card's website, then check further. If you "know" this because you called the credit card company, then maybe it is the case. Excuse me if you do know this part, but did you ask your cc company if there is a "hold" on your card for an amount from Amazon -- what is called a "pre-authorization"? (It is what they do when you check into a hotel or swipe your credit card at a gas pump -- before they know how much will actually be bought by you.) The actual charge can take a few days to post, but in the meantime if there is a pre-auth your credit limit has that much taken out of it. HTH. Smoke if you have 'em. -- Igor

Reply to
igor