Beware of Greenculture.com

....aka composters.com and a few other names. Shifty operation. Ordered a composter about 2 weeks ago. My credit card was charged on the 25th. It was explained that although they're in CA, the item would ship from a warehouse in upstate NY, 3 hours from where I live. Two weeks later, no composter. They claim it shipped, but when asked for a UPS tracking number, they claim the warehouse "doesn't use tracking numbers". Right.

Now, they claim they double checked and that a 2nd one was shipped to replace the first one, which was "lost". Tried to cancel the order, and was told that they can't cancel something that's shipped already. I said I'd refuse the shipment. They said product cannot be returned to the warehouse, but must be returned (on my dime) to their other warehouse in CA. "The NY warehouse doesn't accept anything inbound". Right. The merchandise must arrive there via stork or something in the middle of the night.

Anyway....if you stumble across this slime on the web, keep moving.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

If you paid by credit card, and I hope you did as it is the safest way to pay for anything, when the bill shows up with this charge on it call the 800 number on your card and dispute the charge.

That will take care of it. If the company gets too many disputed charges they will lose their ability to process credit cards.

This system makes payment by credit card the only safe way to buy anything. But you have to pay attention to your statements for it to work.

JMHO

John

Reply to
John Bachman

The Green Culture This Report was developed from various sources, including the business, governmental agencies, and the experience of the company's customers.

For further information contact the Better Business Bureau of the Southland I'm not implying this information below is correct but here are additional resources for calls and by all means hit 'em with the BBB

315 N. La Cadena, Colton, CA, 92324 (909) 825-7280

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Green Culture

23192 Verdugo Drive, Suite D Laguna Hills CA 92653 Business Started: 02/01/94 File Open Date: 09/11/01 Last Report Date: 01/16/04 Principal Contact: Unknown. Phone: (949) 643-8795 Fax: (949) 360-7864 Email: Not Available Web Address:
Bureau ID: 13159375

Nature of Business This company's business is providing the retail sale of environmental products.

Bureau File Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has a satisfactory record with the Bureau.

To be rated satisfactory, we must first have company background information. The company must also have been established long enough for us to gain a clear understanding of the nature of its business to determine that it is not a marketplace problem. Finally, the company must have given proper consideration to any matters we may have referred to it.

Our complaint history for this company shows that any customer complaints brought to the company's attention have been properly addressed.

A Better Business Bureau report is based on our file information and experience with an individual company over the past three years.

The Better Business Bureau does not endorse, recommend, or disapprove of any company, product, or service.

Additi>....aka composters.com and a few other names. Shifty operation. Ordered a

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

Not only to I pay by credit card (not debit card), but beginning the day after I order anything, I check the card's web site daily to see when the approval hits my account. If the timing of that event doesn't make sense when compared to the UPS or FedEx tracking info, bells start ringing.

Here's the rest of this story so far. Got the name of the warehouse, which turned out to be part of a network which my own company uses from time to time. A person there told me that she only received the order from Greenculture within the last 30 minutes (yesterday, end of the day). She gave me the UPS tracking number, and got a good laugh out the merchant's theory that she "didn't use tracking numbers". Said "We run a professional warehouse business. We'd be idiots not to track every single thing that goes in & out of here!"

Anyway, the tracking number is real, per the UPS web site. This leaves two possible conclusions. First, they're running a really sloppy operation. Or second (and more likely), they're playing with other peoples' float money. Either way, it sucks.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Wow...I was really surprised to see complaints about Greenculture.

just ordered my 4th gardening product from them!! I have never had an problems and they always email a shipping tracking number with a link t me within days of my order. Their website also gives detailed shippin rates & estimates about each individual product before I decide whic one to order. I've never had to call them because my products hav always arrived within the time frame given, but maybe you just got new or confused employee? My first time ordering from them was 3 year ago and their website did seem alot less sophisticated back then, bu now they have obviously grown and have so many new products and a hug selection that I can't seem to find anywhere else. It seems you jus had one bad experience with them, that's too bad. And I am about t order a composter to have sent to my Mum for Mother's Day. I don' forsee any problems, but I'll let you know..

-- CandyGirl

Reply to
CandyGirl

spam reported.