Kudos to Amazon!

I bought a Delta 28-206 14" Band saw through Amazon last month. It was $499.99 at the time, minus a $50 off promotion. Yesterday I saw post on the group talking about the same saw at a much lower price. I check Amazon and now the price is $379, with a $75 off promotion available (though the code didn't work on it for me when I tried it).

I was already peeved a bit to begin with because if the saw had been priced a penny higher it would have qualified for $100 off instead of $50, but this was just too much. I sent Amazon customer service a polite email yesterday, not expecting anything. I woke up to this in my inbox today:

"The discounts we offer for items on our web site do vary from time to time. I've checked your order, and found that we now offer a greater discount on "Delta 28-206 1 HP 14" Professional Band Saw, Closed Stand" than at the time you placed your order.

Since this item was shipped so recently, I have requested a refund of $120.99 to your credit card. This amount reflects the difference between the price you were charged and the discounted price. The refund should be processed in the next few days and will appear as a credit on your next billing statement."

Wow! I would go and buy another tool from them, except I already did and it's due for delivery tuesday ;)

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

Good for you. Just goes to show a letter, phone call or email only takes a little bit of ones time and often results in big savings.

Gary

Reply to
GeeDubb

I bought a PC Omnijig a few years ago. It did not come with some router bits listed in the description, so Amazon gave me $50 credit. I presume PC changed their packaging and Amazon just didn't keep current. Amazon has their faults, but customer service (if you can reach someone) is not one of them. I can't wait to see if they ship my $11 rotary hammer.

Reply to
Toller

I'll add another data point. I ordered a Makita compound miter saw and a Freud 80 tooth blade for it last summer. I used Amazons free shipping but when the saw arrived, two teeth were broken off the Freud blade. They had just thrown the blade in it's thin cardboard package into the box with the saw.

I emailed Amazon's customer service, they immediately shipped a new blade 2day without waiting for my return. I also complained that the blade had dinged up the saw table a bit when it was rattling around in there and them credited my charge account twenty bucks.

You should, as I did, write Amazon a complimentary note thanking the person who handled your claim. That will help ensure their customer service doesn't fail the next guy.

Yes, I have and will buy more tools from them.

Reply to
Jim Harvey