Advice on bandsaws

Thanks to everyone for the router bit advice. I have another question.

Since I have a good miter saw, and I want to do most of my work with the router and scroll saw, it was recommended that I look into getting a band saw instead of a table saw. The ones that struck my fancy are (in order of descending price):

Jet 710115K 14" - $600 Jet 708115RK 14" - $540 Delta 28-206 14" - $500 Grizzly G0555 14" - $425 Jet JWBS-12OS/708901 12" - $330

Any opinions on these? Or other recommendations?

I'd rather not spend a ton of money, but as I said before, I'm willing to spend the extra few hundred if the machine merits it.

Jack

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

If you want to spend $900, get the Powermatic. Drool over the features on line. If you can find one in a store you'll throw rocks at the others and pony up the extra bucks unless quality and features mean nothing to you. There are other BS out there for lots more money, but none will perform their primary function much better w/o a HUGE bump-up in cost.

Dave

Reply to
David

Jack.. If you're considering the Grizzly 14", check out the Rigid at (gasp) Home Depot... it's the same saw in a different color, (folks here say they're both made by "Elephant" in Taiwan), and runs about $350 on sale.. YMMV

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I love my Grizz G0555z. I went ahead and installed the extension on it. Now I can handle bigger logs.

Reply to
Scott

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I own the second one. Its nice. All four get good reviews. If I hadn't gotten the Jet 14" at a killer price I would'a bought the Griz myself.

You won't be disappointed with any of those four.

As you note - this one is a 12". If you're looking for bang/buck value - then go the Grizzly route.

Reply to
Patrick Conroy

I bought the Delta this past spring.from the local Rockler's for $459 and I got a $50 gift card I'd look around for similar deals on whatever unit you decide on.

Very happy with it so far. I have yet to do a lot of resawing, but, when I do I plan on buying the height attachment/resaw kit.

Ron

Reply to
Ron

I'd pick the Delta.