Re: R/C COMAAT VEHICLES

Yeah, they use wood, heh heh

> heh. Sounds like a nice little spare-time project. Now, I just wonder > if the sons have any R/C equipment they aren't using. Mount one of > those tiny little remote TV cameras in there, with a paintball gun, and > sounds like good sport, chasing off any bothersome nuisances, stray > dogs, skunks, neighbors, etc. LMAO >

Reminds me of the BattleBots show -- remote-controlled machines built by anyone from high-schoolers to professional machinists, with budgets from about $100 to over $20K, vying for the Giant Nut, some shop tools, and bragging rights. Not many wooden 'bots, though. They would become sawdust and splinters after a few seconds in the Box with the likes of Killer Hurtz, Die-Sector, Vlad the Impaler, Nightmare, and Son of Whyachi. :-)

Reply to
David Keenan

I haven't seen that in seems like years. Is it no longer on Comedy Central or something?

Could be SWMBO just doesn't leave it there anymore. She owns the channel changer. I try to stay away from the idiot box anyway.

Reply to
Silvan

Comedy Central ran through the last season and then dropped the show -- at first, BattleBots was mostly robot combat with some fun commentary and some shots in the build area, but then in ate seasons they dropped Bill Nye and added Carmen Electra, and then even some wierd overweight guy in a cheesy superhero costume, running around San Francisco. The rules went through some changes, and then (I figure) there were too many rule being written and things just fell apart like a poorly-built bot running across the Kill Saws. I'm still hoping that some channel like TLC will pick up the show and keep it G-rated as well. :-)

Reply to
David Keenan