Re: OT - Wreck Rant

Warren Z makes a case:

SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE. IGNORING IS NOT WORKING. IF ANYONE WANTS TO >COLLECTIVELY GET TOGETHER AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS, EMAIL ME.

But what?

If you think it's bad here, take a quick gander at rec.photo.digital.

AFAIK, the only way to work it without changing the basis the NG is to kill file or ignore. Anything else changes things that probably should stay the same.

Now, if there were some day to trace these turkeys down and declare open season, at least just before Thanksgiving....:) (just in case anyone things I'm serious).

Charlie Self "We're 269 days from the election, and that's several political lifetimes." TERRY HOLT, Bush campaign spokesman.

Charlie Self

Myxylplyk

Nice pick, Myx.

-JBB

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

Y'know, I spend about 30-45 seconds a week adjusting my kill-files for the wreck, and they work just fine. If you choose not to filter, or to access newsgroups in such a way that you cannot filter, that's your choice, your problem, your responsibility.

As for Google searches of the wreck, well... you're choosing to use a non-filtered source. Act responsibly. Don't click on links you're not confident of with your MIL sitting next to you.

I suppose you could lobby whatever government oversees whatever country you live in and ask them to please monitor everyone's behaviour all the time so that your sensibilities aren't offended.

Have you joined the class action lawsuit claiming damages because people saw a 5 second peek of Janet's nipple? There's a cause worth fighting for (although it could have been worse... It could have been Michael's).

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

The constitutional interpretation of free speech that is now excepted is totally bastardized as to what Jefferson and the founders had in mind. They meant for political speech to be protected and free, if they had seen the filth Warren is referring to they would have thrown a fit.

If the Second Amendment were interpreted as loosely as the First we'd all be buying rocket launchers and M203's at the local gun store.

KY

Reply to
KYHighlander

This is a keeper. ;-)

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

I miss the old "troll for catches" posts I don't see those much anymore.

Reply to
Young_carpenter

Dave Balderstone wrote

ROTFL!

Reply to
Desi

So find him, then tell his mother what he's been doing with his computer. She'll smash it with a sledge hammer, and that will be the end of it.

First you have to find him.

Reply to
Silvan

Or, we would be required to bear arms.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Or arm bears.

There are substantive differences in the two amendments, anyway.

Charlie Self "Everything has its limit - iron ore cannot be educated into gold." Mark Twain

Charlie Self

...and similarities. The Bill of Rights are all concerned with _individual_ rights (individual bears aren't mentioned).

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

True. Not menitoning bears was a major oversight, one that proves our Founding Fathers were not perfect.

Charlie Self "Everything has its limit - iron ore cannot be educated into gold." Mark Twain

Charlie Self

Locally speaking I think some people wish that they could arm crows. Ok Nevermind.

Reply to
Young_carpenter