Pulleys for General 185 Contractors Saw

That is because you need a 3/8 belt not 1/2. I made the same mistake. Got mine at McMaster Carr.

Reply to
klaatu

Looking for a source for pulleys for a General 185 contractors saw. I picked up one of those link belts only to find out that the stock pulleys are too small for the belt.

John C

Reply to
SNOWODG

A shop which repairs electic motors whould be the place that I would go first. Jim

Reply to
Jim

Grizzly also has the correct 3/8" belt.

If you really want to replace the pulleys, Wilke Machinery sells a machined pulley and link belt set for their TSC-10CL saw, which should fit the General 185, since they're almost identical machines.

Reply to
kkfitzge

Thanks, Didn't even realize they came in different sizes. Wasn't payin' attention.

John C

Reply to
snowdog