General 50-185L contractor saw setup

I just purchased the General 50-185 left tilt TS and am at the point in the setup where I can now cut wood. I've adjusted, as best as I could, the alignment of the motor pulley and arbor pulley. But when running, I am feeling quite a bit of vibration. I can see the motor bouncing/vibrating and the belt wobbling/vibrating which is the source of the vibration in the saw. I can't figure out what could be causing the motor and belt to be doing this. I'm considering installing a link belt.

Any ideas on how I might reduce the vibration. Might the link belt make a significant improvement?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jim F

You bet it will. It reduced mine significantly. Get the performance package from in-line industries. It comes with machined pulleys and link belt for $50.00, free shipping.

Todd L

Reply to
Todd L

Definitely. In my experience, contractor's saws benefit greatly from link belts. The stock belt may also soften a bit on it's own with some use as well, but if it were mine I'd buy a link bent for it.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Reply to