Dust hood contractor table saw

I have found excellent information with regard to assembing a dust hood to fit under my Home Depot TS3650 table saw. I have a 5 inch port going to Oneida Air flex hose and into the feedline to the DC.

My big problem regarding the belt and the tilt arbor are at least understood. However, I am stuck on two issues:

(1) Which materials to use? I saw a suggestion using 1/8 inch hardboard. I am not sure how to join these. I had considered metal as well but am not sure how to join the pieces. Any suggestions would be great.

(2) I am puzzled as to how to get the hood under the TS and installed.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Bozek

Make a frame of 1 x 1 and attach the hardboard to it? Use metal and solder or weld it?

Lay on your back?.

Smart ass comments aside, what are you going to attach it to? I have a Delta and bought their accessory dust port. It is a conical shaped plastic. To install it, you remove a couple of screws from the legs, slide this in and replace the screws. It left an opening on two side about 1/4" wide. Duct tape fixed that. Is there a lip on the bottom of the saw that you can screw into?

As for the motor and tilt mechanism, I made a baffle from 1/4" plywood that covers about half of the back opening. I have to remove it to tilt the arbor though. Works well enough. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Probably no help for you, but I built a "hopper" for the underside of my Delta TS out of sheet metal. I work for a HVAC company so it was easy! I removed the legs and sandwiched the tin between the top portion of the saw and the legs. I bought a duct collector adapter for a jointer and caulked and screwed it to the bottem of the hopper. I use the adapter because I only have one hose and move it from machine to machine. I made a panel to cover the back of the saw but never use it, I don't see enough of a differance to bother with it. I have the HF $149 on sale dust collector. My set up works pretty well, but it does misss the dust that comes of the top of the blade. I am concidering making a over arm dust collector. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

That's the best way. To do it, the OP should remove the motor and the front fence rail, tip the saw on its top (place an opened out cardboard box there first!), remove the legs and proceed. When done, attach legs, stand it up, add motor and fence rail and go.

Your set up sounds great. Wish you were around here. I've got to find an HVAC place to do a bit of sheetmetal for a heat vent for me. Directly change of a 2" x 12" vent. Simply want to turn it up the wall and 90 degs. but no one carries such things around here...been to both Lowe's and HD, so will no give up and spend $35 for something that would cost $7 if it were in stock.

Charlie Self "Democracy is a process by which people are free to choose the man who will get the blame." Laurence J. Peter

Reply to
Charlie Self