Pry bar....

I'm in need of a little assistance locating a specific mini pry bar. It is almost an exact duplicate of the 14 inch Stanley Wonder Bay, only 8 inches long. It is about an inch and a half wide at it's widest (the head) and is maybe an inch and a quarter at the handle. I've tried the

7.5 inch Stanley Wonder Bar 2 and it's not near tough enough for my use, and in many cases the large Wonder Bar is a bit to big. I feel like I've been around the earth with pry bars and really want the one someone else wanted to have more than me.

I do wood floors for a living and I just can't find this bar out there. I could have sworn it was a Roughneck, but it's not on their web site. A few months back I stumbled on a site that had them for sale and didn't bookmark it. I can't find it locally anywhere I've been.

I'd be grateful if someone out there has any ideas.

Reply to
Joe O

Joe, I have no idea if this is the one you're after, but I own a couple of these and would highly recommend them:

down to NO. 157 these are great little bars and I have never hurt one.

Another bar I like for working with trim is this one:

are not as strong a bar and can be bent, but they are thinner and sharper. I often use it more as a heavy scraper.

both bars are made by other companies, but I knew these brands and was able to find pictures.

DanG

I have to second the Hyde bar. Works really well on small pieces or delicate work. I don't have one, but SWMBO does. Been known to borrow it when things were too small to wrench on with my Stanley, or a full size wrecking bar.

Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy

Actually, I have both the Hyde and the Crain, too. They're both great tools and I use them often. The biggest thing I need the pry bar in question for is that I can sharpen it to almost razor sharp in a way that retains it's strength and utilizes it's width so as not to damage any areas of base shoe (and/or quarter round), baseboard, door casings, etc. I spend almost all of my time in new high end condo's installing floors and (unfortunately) fixing other installers screw ups. These homeowners and GC's are pretty picky and I can get into more than I bargained for when I give them a price if I damage good items as I'm taking them out. Making it worst, much of the trim is American Cherry and Maple. Oh.....I long for the old days of Oak sometimes.

So.....The bar in question is what I'm hoping to find. I guess they all serve a certain purpose - and maybe it's more related to how I use it than anything.

Keep those thinkin' hats on, folks.....

Roy wrote:

work. I don't have

wrench on with my

Reply to
Joe O

Not sure what you are looking for but I am partial to these -

have a wide thin tip to keep from damaging moldings and they are tough.

Preston

Reply to
Preston Andreas

Try these: