Washcloth bar for In the shower

I just installed a new tub surround (SwanStone) and am looking for a glue on (silicone caulk) washcloth bar. I've searched the net for several hours and can't find any. The only things I'm finding are screw in towel bars (for outside the shower). Does anyone have a good site that sells them, or, a better search term than "shower washcloth bar"?

Reply to
ToddP

If you can put it in a spot where people WON'T use it as a grab bar, one of the suction cup things would work. (IMHO, it ought to be illegal to sell those as safety bars.) Or, if there is a flat spot without air space behind it, just go ahead and install one of those stainless grab bars. You'll need it one of these days anyway.

But having said all that- for just a washcloth, one of those self-stick robe hooks works fine, if you can find one in a color you can tolerate. Or, one of those gizmos that hangs off the shower head- many have washcloth loops on them.

Not a fan of silicone caulk used as glue in a shower stall. Previous owner used it to put up those horrid soap/conditioner/shampoo dispensers in both my plastic shower and my tiled one. Took me hours to razor and scrape the silicone off after I tore them down. Under a bright light you can still see the ghosts of where they were.

Reply to
aemeijers

Have you ever seen glued-on holders, or were they fastened into the tiles or the grout between the tiles and then caulked to look like they were glued on?

Reply to
hrhofmann

Beware: "caulk" is NOT "glue."

Reply to
HeyBub

SwanStone sure thinks so :-) That is how they say to adhere their product to the cement backer board.

Reply to
ToddP

Maybe a shower head caddy would be good enough. Do a Google shopping search to see pictures.

Reply to
mike

You may have to cut and paste this link, but these things work GREAT!!! They are also easily removable.

Tony Miklos

That sounds like what I have (in this house, and the house I lived in when I was younger. Both houses built in 1969). It's supposed to be a combination soap dish and grab bar. It's useless as a soap dish, since there's no lip to keep the soap from sliding out. I use it to hold a wash cloth.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

And almost always, they are mounted too low to reach while showering, and where the shower stream soaks the soap into a gooey mess. I always end up finding or rigging a high spot out of the shower stream to put the soap. When I hit the lotto and build my dream house, one of the soap dishes will be six feet up in the corner behind the showerhead.

Reply to
aemeijers

Like this:

"

" That's just an example, they come in a number of looks. I just have a little suction cup thing that's meant to hold kitchen sponges. Whatever it takes just to keep let the thing dry.

nancy

Reply to
Nancy Young

What's wrong with screws and caulk?

Reply to
LSMFT

Thanks, this looks like a possibility. I'll give it a shot.

Reply to
ToddP