Porter Cable 7518 Router- Brand New - Just Died

I have used my brand new Porter Cable 7518 router maybe 5 times. Well it just stopped today. I received it this January. It just quit after abut

20 seconds of use, Nothing real hard.

I have never dealt with Porter Cable service. Does anyone have any experience with their service? I am hoping they will let me return it to one of the service centers, and they will replace it. Do you think I am being to optimistic?

Thanks

Reply to
Scott Willett

Way over optomistic. They will surely want you to leave it for repairs. Better, take it back to your dealer for an exchange.

Reply to
Leon

Service centers usually only fix things. Check the return policy of the place you bought it. They may exchange it.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I bought it from Amazon

I am toast

Reply to
Scott Willett

"Scott Willett" wrote in news:1AORd.5610$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews6.bellsouth.net:

You say that because...?

Reply to
Patriarch

Check your breaker.

Scott Willett wrote:

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Reply to
Phisherman

Reply to
Lenny

I purchased my PC 7539 at Home Depot and it was the floor model where they had cut the cord. Given that I got it for a song, I figured I would call PC and buy a new cord. When I spoke with them, they stated that they would send a new cord and new tool accessory kit which included manuals, warranty, wrenches, etc. I asked what it would cost and they said there was not charge. Just asked for my address and it all arrived two days later.

Give them a try. They might surprise you. At a minimum, they might point you to the sources of the problem when you discuss it with them.

David

Reply to
DL

Just a quick follow-up

The problem was easily fixed, while I waited at the Porter Cable repair center in the ATL GA area (Forrest Park). The issue was a simple soldered connection came undone.

The service people were great. Scott Woodstock GA

Reply to
Scott Willett