MOSTLY OT - VON DUTCH'S GM TRANSI BUS

But, for those of you who don't know who he was, and/or want a woodworking connection, sroll down to the picture of the overhead cabinet.

JOAT Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
J T

Bill Hall

What about today ? I'd never heard of Von Dutch until a year or so ago. Now the logo is all over T shirts worn by chav mallrats and the usual teentrash - it's like Tommy Hilfiger or Burberry.

There's even an ironic version with "Von Chav" printed on it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Reply to
Bill Hall

Mon, Feb 21, 2005, 4:50am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Bill=A0Hall) says: JT Thnx for the post! Those of who lived the "50"s" and were/are gearheads remember "Dutch" well!

I used to have some links to info on him, but don't know what happened to them. One of my favorites is the Mercedes 300 coupe he flamed. I understand that ticked off a LOT of the sports car types. Amazing some of the stuff he made, and the quality of it all.