TOOL CHESTS

Time for a repost.

JOAT Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
J T

Geez, seeing the header I was REALLY hoping for a lovely plan to make one. Great pictures though... thanks.

Reply to
AAvK

Studley's cabinet was the inspiration for the wall hanging tool cabinets I made. Figure if I aimed really high I'd at least hit the paper rather than the dirt. Another hundred years of practice ...

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

charlie b wrote in news:421DB2BB.5BE9 @accesscom.com:

And Krenov's cabinets, and students, inspired me to try a few things, too. Similar results, so far.

Went to see a tool cabinet, made by a friend when he was a student at the College of the Redwoods. On the recommendation of another friend. It was a real learning experience. The woodworker, who has been published in at least half a dozen magazines and books, has a simple tool cabinet, of plywood, with exposed ply edges. He said "I'm busy doing customer work".

I scaled back my grand tool shrine project. Maybe, after the rocking chairs, I'll get back to it. The carcase is assembled, and the doors hinged.

Thanks for the posts, JOAT & charlie

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Different times, to have a job where you could make and use such things now would be rare, and to declare your a "brother" so openly even rarer in this P.C. obsessed age. At home however....

Reply to
Badger