Planing wood isn't rocket science (or is it?)

Friday Folie

(no, you can't have your 10 minutes back)

Reply to
Spalted Walt

You have to admire his determination..

Reply to
Bill

Neat, but I'll use my Grizz 15" spiral head, segmented blade planer and leave the Rocket Science to the Chinese...

Reply to
Jack

Is that the one you have been using for S I X T Y years? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Most of my stationary tools are over S I X T Y years old, but I've only owned them for around F O R T Y T W O years. The planer is new, only about T E N years old.

You're confusing running gas powered equipment for S I X T Y years with woodworking equipment... A p p l e s...O R A N G E S

Reply to
Jack

Ohhhhhhhhh.....

Reply to
Leon

folly maybe but then again maybe you are trying to invent a new word

folie a full lie contraction

also i think all the cool kids say rocket surgery now

what planing wood is to me

very very loud

Reply to
Electric Comet

Two common reasons for that:

  1. You are not using a hand plane - cool
  2. You're planer does not have a spiral, segmented cutter head. - not cool
Reply to
Jack

or using a hand plane very very incorrectly

correct it is a brute force straight edge and it is mounted perpindicular

if only it was canted at an ever so slight angle it would make a lot of difference

Reply to
Electric Comet