Milw. Vintage Orbital Sander

Found this at a garage sale for a dollar. I don't find much on eBay or Google for a value. The model is 6006. Is it worth much?

Bob Villa

On Jun 23, 2017, Bob Villa wrote (in article):

Bob,

You will get more response if you use a different photo posting site - this one insists that one disable adblocking. Sorry - no can do - would unleash a deluge.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

Bob Villa

I have used

no ads I won't go to Tinypic or photobucket because of the ads and crap.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Bob Villa

It is a half sheet finishing sander. I have one made by PorterCable long ago; it is a most excellent machine. They are occasionally available on ebay and now sell for around $150 and up which is more than the original price. If your machine functions in an equivalent manner, it could be worth the same; trouble is, the PC 505 has a reputation, yours does not AFAIK.

dadiOH

worth is in the eye of the beholder

but really if it works and you can use it then maybe it is the best deal ever

are you in the business of buying and selling or just trying to appease a case of buyer remorse

a bad case if you spent only a dollar

Reply to
Electric Comet

The tag said "poor condition $1"...how could there be any remorse? I'll start my own tool museum if nothing else!

Reply to
Bob Villa

that is funny and i wonder if it went unsold and the price made it all the way down to 1 buck

usually you only put a sign up for poor condition if the price is higher

Reply to
Electric Comet

...you're putting too much thought into this. This was a 2-day garage sale and the 1st day. I don't think the old feller wanted to shaft anyone, plain and simple.

Reply to
Bob Villa