In case you have not bought your rolling tool boxes yet.

You know, I feel like I must have dozed off somewhere. I know these things have been popular among the more specialized "on site" repairmen, specialt y workers, etc. for decades. My buddy that repairs medical equipment has b een using them for 30 years, at least.

But they were never this nice, never this affordable, and never this rugged . I found this while doing some snooping around after MIKE's post about ro lling boxes:

They aren't as rugged as the Ridgid, but they are still pretty sturdy and i f you were using them properly they should be great.

Are the Milwaukees out anywhere? Honestly, I would be afraid to have the r ed boxes out as it would seem to be a large blinking beacon saying "steal m e... steal me... steal me". The lease attention the better.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Those Milwalkees look incredible, but I bet they are at least twice the cost of the Ridgid. If I'm going to pay over $200 for a set, then I'm biting the bullet on the Dewalt's to get the extra features of their dolly system.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Is Milwalkee next to Chicargo?

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 9:49:07 AM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote: .

Probably. And while I gladly paid a premium for Milwaukee tools for many y ears, not seeing the extra value in their products these days.

So do you work out of a pickup or van? I can see a small set of these boxe s as I could hoist them over the tailgate. But it was too bulky, I couldn' t easily do it. OTOH, if I was working out of a panel van of some sort, I could hoist it into the van and secure it along the sidewalls. Pretty slic k.

Just wondering how you are using these boxes.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

I've used a minivan for years, for both drums and tools. I can fit more in the van, it's dry, smoked windows, much lower gate/door level, etc etc etc. HOWEVER, I just got a pick-up again so I can get bigger loads of supplies, easier.

I got a Ram1500 crew cab, took the back seat out, and put down 1/2" plywood on the floor. It's great, because the boxes go in there with plenty of room and I can use the seat & seat-belt anchors for tie-downs to secure the tool boxes. I can fit as many tool boxes back there as I can behind the back seat of my minivan.

Yes, it's higher and I wouldn't try lift it all up there 3-in-1 style. But i don't do that in the minivan, either. To me the dolly feature is for to and from, not so I can He-Man the entire set in and out of a vehicle. I have enough back problems.

Bigger power tools will have to go in the bed, when using the pick-up, but it's great to have the option of all those tool boxes inside the cab, behind (again) smoked windows.

Reply to
-MIKE-

No north of

Reply to
Markem

Whoosh, right over your head. Check the spelling.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Nope but they should be built to look like a pile of bricks, camo ya know.

Reply to
Markem

Because Milwalkee and Chicargo are both shit houses?

Reply to
krw

What would be really cool is if they latched to the cart instead of each other so that you could take any individual box out of the stack without removing any others.

Hard to do...too much force where it would latch to the cart, but it sure would be a cool feature.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

That's exactly what the DeWalt boxes do. Check them out. They slide on/off adjustable rails that are connected to the dolly. Very cool... but expensive system.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Nah cause of the song!

Reply to
Markem

The DeWalt system has two carts, a cheap one like the one shown in the Milwaukee system and an expensive one that is as you describe.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Yes, the expensive ones are what I'm talking about. The system is very cool, allowing you to remove a lower box without taking off all the ones above it.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I just ran across this while looking at the Milwaukee tape measure links.

I agree with the bright red color on a job site, LOOK over here, Take Me!

Reply to
Leon

IIRC the video mentioned about $139.00 for the large set. I may have misunderstood.

Reply to
Leon

You have a point there.

Reply to
Leon

Well, that would be very competitive! I just assumed because of the name, it would be twice as much. You know, like if it was Festool, it would be 10x as much. :-)

I like how the Millwallkkey ones lock together, with with the smaller cases and bags/pouches. That's a great feature and supposedly they unlatch with one hand.

Reply to
-MIKE-

The DeWalt bumble bee scheme isn't any better.

Reply to
krw