Pissed off at Home Depot. (Rant)

ROTFLMFAO

*wiping away tears*

Gawd, how I wish I could share with you how funny that was...

Suffice it say that few men have lasted much longer than 3 months before she breaks them. I have been fortunate to have been spared that humiliation....

*still laughing*

Commits most of those crimes herself..LOL.

Reply to
Robatoy

Dunno about that. Last time I tried using three lefts on someone I darn near ended up in jail.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

They'd faint dead away and you'd have to slink out of the store!!

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

I love some of the old guys who tell you, with a straight face no less, that they have never heard of Lee Valley.:)

Reply to
Jimmy

i don't know about that. a few years ago i had to search out a replacement valve stem for an old faucet at a hole in the wall place that had stuff on shelves that you didn't know you needed . lots of knowledgeable guys there. i happened to find a joker that day who thought that telling me to use a bit of jb weld inside the valve stem would prevent it from leaking instead of replacing it.

turned out the manager didn't think it was so funny and he was fired on the spot.

regards, charlie cave creek, az

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

on 5/12/2005 1:40 PM snipped-for-privacy@the.home said the following:

Why? Do you really think the all the old duffers (and young ones) at the big boxes were hired because they were mentors to Norm or Tage Frid?

More likely those with some experience were fired from the trades as finish carpenters because their thumbs shrinking with old age and thus being incapable of smoothing out a 3/4" line of caulking compound to "finish" the trim job

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

There's an old guy in the tool section of the local HD that told me he had a copy of the LV catalog in his locker, and that he'd go get it if I wanted to wait. I told him I had the current one at home and not to bother.

This was a couple of years back, and I don't recall what I was looking for at the time. I probably did end up ordering from LV, though.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Most of them are OK when you talk about buying stuff from Lee Valley they don't carry, but when you mention stuff like sandpaper and other 'disposables' they get a little uptight.:)

I was annoyed on a recent local purchase of a 10" steel sanding disk for my RAS. They sell the disks but NO sand paper to fit. They sell every size EXCEPT 10" Thank God for Lee Valley.

Reply to
Jimmy

I hit 20 in July as well.

Reply to
Odinn

"The thing shuddered, and sounded like the bearings were spinning, screaming and howling..."

The OP is arguing that the tool isn't of merchantable quality.

That's pretty much the definition of merchantability.

Reply to
Mark Cooper

On Thu, 12 May 2005 16:56:07 -0400, the inscrutable Odinn spake:

Congrats, fellow old timer! I hope to survive to July 8th, my actual AA bday.

------ We're born hungry, wet, 'n naked, and it gets worse from there. -

Website Application Programming -

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I doubt I'll ever forget, in Lowe's (not HD), standing near the Customer Service desk in the new store. Two guys come in asking where the brick mold was placed. The woman sent them to the plumbing department.

Reply to
Charlie Self

LOL! I'm surprised she didn't send them to the cleaning supplies or the lawn & garden area.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Actually, my AA bday is June 15, but I've combined it with my NA of July

  1. Makes it a lot easier :)
Reply to
Odinn

Oh yes, and congrats to you as well. I'm sure you'll make it, it's only a few weeks away :)

Reply to
Odinn

All right you guys - why don't you get a "room"... to (mis)use a popular phrase. Congrats to both of you. June 30 makes 9 years for me. It's really been a pretty easy 9 years all things considered. It was harder to quit smoking than it was to quit drinking.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I quit smoking for 5 years, was around some friends who were smoking, I lit one, had it half smoked before I realized what I had done. It was a very quick eye opener as to how insidious the disease of addiction is.

Reply to
Odinn

So you're pissed off at HD. STOW IT!! Now lets get on with it and talk about woodworking!!

Reply to
Joe

On Sat, 14 May 2005 07:27:46 -0400, the inscrutable "Mike Marlow" spake:

Ditto, but I'm DAMNED glad I quit both. My smoking (2 packs/day, 100s) ended just about 3 years after my sobriety began. I'm much healthier and happier now.

P.S: Is OUR room ready yet? ;)

------ We're born hungry, wet, 'n naked, and it gets worse from there. -

Website Application Programming -

Reply to
Larry Jaques

SNIPPO

I quit a few years back fairly easily even though I am around smokers a lot. I was going along great until a couple months ago when I got a new cell phone. It is fairly small and light so I took to sticking it in my shirt pocket. I couldn't quite figure out why I started feeling the "urge" every once in a while until once when driving I did the old habitual touch of the pocket that often proceeded getting out a smoke. I then realized that the weight in the shirt pocket was bringing back old responses.

Dave Hall

Reply to
Dave Hall