Ping Bill in the Indianapolis area

Might you be interested in this lumber (Lot 3)? No one has bid on it and sale ends Friday.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Wow that looks like SYP.

Reply to
Leon

It doesn't look like the reserve has been met. Maybe there isn't one but it's not clear, at least to me.

There's a pretty good low bid on MDF there too.

Reply to
krw

Hi Sonny! Wow, that's a darn good price, but I'm afraid I would have to store it in my living room. Thank you for thinking of me!

I went to an auction a number of years back, and this feller must of had

3 "outbuildings" where he kept his "stuff" (like a golf cart to navigate his 50+ acre property). He had more "stuff" (arranged on shelves like in a warehouse) than I had ever seen--a bucket of nails of every type, etc. etc. I remember whispering to someone that even if they were giving it all away free (which for a bucket of nails was almost true), I'd have no where to put it. He had a lot of "signage" too (like "mobil", and whatever oil brand you can think of). Some of those went for big bucks (to my sensibilities). There were some many in attendance that there was no deal on the Delta table saw I was there to bid on either. Hopefully this will be the year that I make my shop more productive! Have you been using that "big table saw" you purchased? I forget the exact details. Cheers!
Reply to
Bill

Considering the low bids on the table saw and sander having met the reserve, I would think the minimum bid on the lumber would meet the reserve, as well.

Bill, the last table saw (Unisaw) I bid on was about 2 yrs ago, don't recall exactly. Think I paid $275 for it. Came with a Unifence and flip up Delta outfeed table. It had a 3 phase motor which I replaced with new 1PH (about another $400). I gave it to my nephew along with a work bench w/ vise, peg board & pegs and I think a few other accessories.

I recently bought a Rockwell bench top drill press for $26 - $31 with tax - at the State surplus auction. It needs a new switch, belt and some cleaning of surface rust. I haven't yet had time to finish those repairs, but it's going to my nephew, also.

Another Unisaw I bought, with Unifence and side table, for $400, I gave to my brother.

Recently, there was a huge 3 phase Powermatic TS, w/ fence, side table, over head guard assembly, I was watching, tempted to bid on it. It sold for $1500. I figured an additional $500-$600 for a new motor would still make it a good deal, as those large saws go for more than $5K. I didn't bid on it once the bidding went over $1K. I emailed Powermatic asking the cost of a new 1ph motor and got no reply, so that also discouraged me to bid. When I went to pick up the Rockwell drill press I inspected this saw.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

sineage. I don't find it surprising that antique sineage is worth real money. How many bars and Cracker Barrels (etc.) have you been into with walls full of the stuff. If you want big bux, look at antique gas pumps. The gravity fed (glass cylinder on the top) go for the real money. There was an antique store here that had some of them (burned down a month ago).

Reply to
krw

If anyone want to peruse here it the automobilia at Barret Jackson Scottsdale auction.

Anyone want an about 3' x 3' S&H Green Stamps dual sided plastic sign, light works.

Reply to
Markem618