Dubby sled?

Hey Leon,

You can hang up your Dubby sleds. Woodpeckers just came out with a much prettier one. ;-)

krw

Geez... make my shooting board look even better from an economics stand point!

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Saw it yesterday. Nice but no provision to add a sacrificial fence. and wayyyyy too expensive.

I like that they addressed the issue with the flip stop on the Exact 90, on this sled.

I could possibly be interested in the fall off panel that you can add a stop to but none of this is any better than my compilation of sleds and miter gauges.

I would give it a second look if it were priced like the Dubby's. I have both left and right side Dubby's so this setup equivalent is more than double in price IIRC.

Reply to
Leon

IIRC, the pair of Dubbys is just under $400, so 2.5x. It's certainly not 2.5x better. ...but it's red.

Reply to
krw

I checked earlier, $180 each, $320 for the left and right.

Hell it is a penny more expensive if you order the pair/set of WoodPeckers than if you order the left and right separately.

I like the Woodpeckers brand but I think their target audience is more aimed at the beginner that wants quality. The quality is certainly there. BUT for their prices some of their tools lately are way out of line considering the fact that the experienced woodworkers can see issues immediately.

Reply to
Leon

Thousand dollars? Thousand dollars? Thousand dollars? Thousand dollars? Thousand dollars? Thousand dollars? Thousand dollars?

A little bit less than three decades ago I bought my very fine USA made Delta Contractors saw for around $500 or so. Plus the cost of the Biesemeyer fence afterwards. Plus the Delta overarm blade guard and splitter. Add all that up and its still well under Thousand dollars. I am well aware we have had price increases over the past three decades. But...

Reply to
russellseaton1