Pine Finish Question

I would like to build a few projects from pine that would have the appearance of the "Rio Grande" line of furinture sold by Pier One. Acording to their brochure it is: "Spanish-influenced style in solid pine with hand-rubbed natural beeswax, carnuba wax finish" . How would I get this look and where would I obtain the materials?

-- Namaste, Dennis "An Eye For An Eye And The Whole World Goes Blind"~Ghandi

Reply to
Dennis Wirth

You would hand rub in any paste wax you can find at Lowes, Home Depot, or hardware store.

Don't expect any significant protection for the wood from such treatment though.

Reply to
Mike G

Dennis, I started using this water base stain that comes in sevral tints. The web site is

I have used sevral types of waxes on pine. There are waxes that have a combination of bees and carnuba wax like Antuiquax from the UK but there are several others available. I find that this type of wax gives the pine a better finish and the smell is pleasent not like wax from minwax that has more of chemical smell.

D.Martin

Reply to
Daniel Martin