Playground (PT Pine) Finish????

We inherited a playset from a neighbor. Its more than a few years old and is made out of PT Pine. I used waterseal on it last year, but other than that, it has no finish on it (after all, its just PT Pine).

Lately I noticed its splinttering a little, so its probably time to think about a sanding. I was wondering if anyone would/could recommend a finish for this thing.

We have a neighborhood playground that has some kind of finish that almost makes it feel like plastic to the touch. I don't think its Poly, but can't be sure.

So far I've been considering some kind of exterior Poly, but was also wondering if Epoxy would be an option.

Any help appreciated.

Reply to
WoodChuck34

"Spar" urethane is good for the out-of-doors. It's probably what's on the playground equipment. Very glossy, though, but holds up well to UV. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

Take a look at the Cetol/Sikkens products.

Reply to
Eric Ryder