hardiplank vs pine

Just want to confirm from what homedepot told me .... I asked if the dimensions of 1"x4" pine was the same as 1"x4" hardiplank. He told me only the thickness is different. He said pine is 3/4" thick and hardiplank is 1" thick. Is this correct?

I plan on replacing some outside house trim originally pine now with hardiplank. I want to replace a vertical 1x4 trim now in pine with hardiplank that will meet just under the soffit to a horizontal 1x4 pine (butt together). I'm thinking no one will notice a 1/4" difference in thickness 2 stories high just under the soffit and painted.

Reply to
Doug

Is hardiplank outdoor weatherproof?????

Reply to
hrhofmann

According to James Hardie. :)

Doug-

The Hardiplank siding I've used is way thinner than 3/4"...... I remember it being very flexible. What Hardie supplies is different from region to region.

I believe what oyu want is Hardie Trim. Again availability driven by region.

check this link

Don't forget to call CEA.

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK

That's what it's made for. It's concrete, so it better be. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Hardi has both siding and trim. The siding is thinner than 3/4 inch and is indeed somewhat flexible in the long boards. The trim as I remember was of standard sizes 3/4 x 4" in 8,10, and 12 foot lengths. It is great stuff and takes paint very well.

To be save though, measure some of it before you buy it.

Reply to
BobR

I replace 1x4 trim pine with hardiplank all the time, and you will not know it's hardiplank, if I do not tell you it is...

Reply to
Hot-Text