"Pimp my Stanley"

HA-Ha-ha, I saw that last night. Makes me want to put a GM 6-71 blower in place of the knob, put big fat tires on the back and skinnies on the front! Centerlines or Cragars -oops! I may have just given away how old I am!

Tom in KY remembering Bruce Springsteen's Baby We Were Born To Run "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line!"

Reply to
squarei4dtoolguy

Speaking of 6-71 blower take a look at my 69 chevelle with that super charger. There's a close up of the 355 toooo.

alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking ((OT But? 69 Chevelle))

Rich

Reply to
evodawg

I have 2 # 7's, a # 8, several 6's and a buncha' # 5's, 4's, etc.But out in the stable, I have a '95 Buick Riviera with a supercharger and an automatic leveling system(aka, air shocks), dual exhaust. Kind of a closet hot-rod, or from my former lang' a sleeper. I like tools and cars and trucks and all that is good and purely useful in this world. So while I was cruising the 'bay last night, I saw this listing that Alex wrote about. The pics show a # 7 with a custom knob and tote. That tote looked like a shifter handle I built for a friend's old Dodge Challenger 3 speed. It was a walnut pistol-grip design. The pics of the plane also have the rear end of the plane all jacked up. To protect the edge on the cutting iron I assume, but seeing the rear end all jacked up reminded me of tall tales of short et's and burned tires, pinkslips and speeding tickets. When you listen to Bruce Springsteen's born to run, don't you have the urge to drive right on the center line and mash the gas pedal as hard as you take it when you spend money on gas? Well, I may just have a short fuse for the memories. They come back really quick when I see the least excuse for them to reappear.

I'm not suscribed to alt.binaries yet. I'm sure that '69 is just as worthy as any old rod of a close look and a big ole' compliment to the keeper of that gas-hog.

I am inspired somewhat to make some custom handles for my user planes. I'm glad the seller on the 'bay had the guts to list them. They're actually pretty nice.

Tom in KY, needing to go back to work now that the snow and ice are melting off.

Reply to
squarei4dtoolguy

Yeah... and a genuine baked on japanning in screaming candy colors, ay?

Reply to
AAvK

Candy apple red, Corvette yellow, Chrysler's Plum Crazy, GM's Rally Orange with 2 black stripes from front to back, Porsche Red, that dreadfully loud Chrysler Lime Green,,Yeah!

Tom in Ky, Off on a tangent AGAIN!!!!, Do you remember the Ford Mustangs that Hertz used to rent out in the 60's? The Shelby GT 350H? Black with gold accents, cool.

Reply to
squarei4dtoolguy