Penn or Grizzly DC?

Anyone have thoughts on the Penn State DC2000B Vs the Grizzly G1029Z?

Very similar in specs but since I don't know how they take the CMF or Static measurements, I may not be comparing apples to apples. All I know is that my Penn State DC1 is underpowered for my current wood machines.

Reply to
Frank Howell

My 12a PS DC only drew 7a; that explained the great price.

Reply to
Toller

I built a Bill Pentz cyclone using the Clark Echols kit before Clark proved himself to be a scoundrel (the kit was fine, his dealings with Bill were not) with a 5 HP Leeson motor--cost me about the same as a high end Jet and, well, it sucks (in a dust collector that's a good thing). I can hook a

2-1/2 inch hose to a piece of machinery that has a port for such, run the end into the 6" pipe coming ouf the cyclone (no adapter, just shove a couple of feet of hose into the pipe loose) and it still pulls more dust out than the shop vac does.

The vendor Bill is working with now is making what appear to be much nicer ones.

Before you buy _any_ dust collector, read Bill's site <

>. Very good information. Bill's serious about dust collection.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Well, well. That does explain why they are selling it $80 under regular price. 7a is more like a 1 hp motor IIRC. Thanks

Reply to
Frank Howell

I placed a $600. plus order for ductwork with Penn State and a week and half later cancelled it because they couldn't tell me when it would ship. Later, ordered from Oneida.

Max

Reply to
Max