OT - WTB: 2hp dust collector Niagara region

If anyone has an older 650 or 1200 jet or similar, please let me know where you are located and what your asking proce is. Sorry for the OT post.

Thanks. Andrew.

Reply to
The Good Bohemian

Before you buy a dust collector like I was wanting to do last year, take some time and visit Bill Pentz's dust collection research site at

got a real eye-opener about the hazards of wood dust, the problem of really fine flour-like dust all over the shop and in the air, and found that that fine dust can be worse for your health than no dust collection at all. In fact you might be better off with just a respirator.

A GOOD dust collection system can be had for the price of a new Rainbow or Kirby vacuum bought in your home, and it gets the dust at the source while you are using the tool, but it will be a cyclone system with adequate air flow (a 10" table saw needs about 1000 CFM of ACTUAL air flow (not stated air flow from some company's advertising or catalogs). I have an exclusive license to produce and sell cyclone systems based on Bill Pentz's exceptional design which is about as good as you can find anywhere at any price. For info see

Cater also has a picture of an assembled unit on his site along with some other info, including opinons about performance at

Clarke Echols