OT On/Topic... removing rust the easy way.

Another add

Markem

BBQ butts are pretty good.

Reply to
krw

Which is why the chopstics .

Reply to
J. Clarke

You can, but then they are called skewers. :)

Reply to
OFWW

Or you can just eat the shell...

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Then there is Pho, for which I also use chopsticks (although there is a spoon for the broth...).

Scott Lurndal

He probably meant "vinegar" in a generic sense, rather than household vineg ar, per se.

Most medical "film" processing is all digital, today..... X-rays, CTs, MRI s, etc. .... Probably similarly with regular photography. Digital makes images more clear and sharp, as opposed to old style X-ray, etal, imaging a nd processing. Zeroing in on the mass of a patient or area to be imaged, via computerized "measuring", is much more efficient and exacting, than a t ech's manual measuring & positioning, etc. Digital facilitates a real help ful advantage, since one can send images across the world in an instant, vs hand carrying sheets of negatives from office to office.

Soon after we retired, our "old style" (sheet film) liquid Developer & Fixe r (vinegar) X-ray processing became obsolete. I'm not sure if film compan ies even make available the hardcopy film, for those obsolete processors/pr ocessing, anymore.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I'm not sure you would want to eat a crawfish in it's shell, they are pretty tough.

Reply to
Leon

..snip...

OK, speaking of rust, vinegar and coffee makers:

I picked up a cowboy percolator at a garage sale last weekend. There was coffee stains in the pot so I used the trick I use for my stainless steel carafe: put some hot water and powered dish washing soap in the pot and let it soak.

This worked great for the coffee stains but revealed some rust on the bottom (inside) of the pot. I have not done anything with the rust yet but here's my concern:

I wonder if the enamel coating has worn off of the bottom of the pot exposing the metal. Am I going to have an on-going rust problem, so much so that I might as well just toss the pot? The thought of making coffee in a rusty pot takes away from the allure of using a cowboy percolator on a propane stove - err, I mean a *campfire*. Yeah, campfire, that's what I meant. ;-)

Any thoughts on permanently removing the rust/sealing the surface in a food-safe manner?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Be like pole vaulting with a fly rod ...

Looks like a photo is in order for our Northern brethren as to what a real crawfish boil looks like :

Chopsticks??

Reply to
Swingman

Last crawfish boil around here was 1993 at the Shoreline Amphitheatre "New Orleans by the Bay" (with the Jerry Garcia band, Neville Brothers, B.B. King, Dr. John and Little Feat).

With practice, chopsticks are as useful as fingers for holding the little buggers, but for most, fingers are quicker.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

The first time I went to a crawfish boil, my thumbs got sore peeling those suckers. No, I didn't suck the heads.

Reply to
G. Ross

Great lineup ...

Ahhh, California! ... that explains the frou-frou lack of utensils! LOL

Just kidding ... sounds like fun, and anyone who eats crawfish can't be all bad, no matter how misguided. ;)

Says he, who binge watches "The OC" nightly ...

Reply to
Swingman

You lucky dog, you. Little more pleasurable in life than than peeling and eating enough boiled crawfish to make your thumbs sore.

You gotta get over that affliction, and get that fluid motion going: pinch/twist/suck/sip cold beer.

Reply to
Swingman

...if you're talking "Grateful Dead"...then, you need to say that?!

Reply to
Bob Villa

The Grateful Dead did not play at the 1993 "New Orleans by the Bay" event.

The Jerry Garcia Band did.

DerbyDad03

...did you see that little word "if"? 8^p

Reply to
Bob Villa

I usta eat shrimp shells, specially the tails.

I agree, crawfish shells are inedible. I suspect shrimp shells usta be similarly thick, but shrimp farming has rendered shrimp practially shell-less. Remember when Thai shrimp usta be called "black tiger prawns" or jes "tiger prawns"? Now they should be called "ghost shrimp" cuz they're all white and bleached out. I won't even eat shrimp, anymore. 8|

nb

Reply to
notbob

I musta missed that last one, but hit many previous NObtBs. Got an autographed copy of Prudhomme's book, met my last GF, Paul, Taj Mahal, learned to 2-step, and ate some real Du Monde beignet's. Big fun!

Sad I missed that last one. Little Feat is one of my fave bands.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Actually have an old SM57 with Lowell George's DNA on it. Back in the mid 70's provided sound equipment for them at show here in Houston and he used my mic, spit all over it ... still have it.

Rad Gumbo ... good chops, no chopsticks ...

Reply to
Swingman