OT New Truck

So I ordered it August 13, I got it today. A 2019 Ranger Lariat trim package, Steel Blue in color, only hick up is the front and back seats color is different. Happy at present.

Reply to
Markem

Markem wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It's not your truck until it's got its first working scratch. :)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Paid for in full, so when it get scratched you are right. :)

Reply to
Markem

THE Front and Back Seats are Different in color??????

I would have refused delivery.

Late this year or early next I plan on trading up. Although I am reluctant to give up the dependability of my 07 Tundra. I understand Toyota will have a new 2020 Tundra. Sooo I may wait a bit longer.

My favorite on the list now is the new 2019 Ram with the 12" infotainment screen. Either the Limited or the Long Horn. Yeah I know about the 3rd place this one has placed in the past among the big 3. I just want a cowboy Cadillac for travel and the occasional delivery of furniture.

Next on my list would be a King Ranch F150 but the jury is still out on the turbo for me. Probably go with the 5.0

Chevrolet and GMC still look and are 10 years behind the curve.

Good luck with you new truck.

Reply to
Leon

Forgot to ask, why did it take 6 months for the order to arrive? 3 months is the norm.

Reply to
Leon

I sold my 2000 base-model ranger a couple of years ago (to my BIL), and have regretted it every since. No power anything, manual tranny, 2.5L 4-banger and small and light. Couldn't find anything similar in 2016 (settled on a base colorado since it was the only manual I could find - I'd trade it in a second for that ranger, even with the nicer cabin in the chevy - but I swear that the programmers who worked on the chevy's radio were incompetent (the volume control lags significantly, amongst other quirks).

Visibility is horrible from the colorado compared to the ranger, partially due to the extended cab, I suppose, but they didn't offer a model without it.

From what I see, the new rangers are just as big as a F-150 rather than being the small utility truck of days past.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Yeah the new Ranger sized trucks are large BUT are significantly narrower inside than the "full sized pickups".

Reply to
Leon

Like Leon, I read this and asked "What the H-LL". Are the seats supposed t o be different color? Is one dark black/gray/brown and the other light bla ck/gray/brown? Different, but intentional to give a nice contrast. Or is one black and the other brown? As in they just stuck in whatever the F--- they had around and didn't give a S---.

Guessing the 7 months it took to deliver is because you ordered something u nique and its a new model year so Ford had to custom make it for you.

Reply to
russellseaton1

Ford opened orders in August, they did not build them for sale till after Thanksgiving. Mine was built in Febuary and then shipped rail to Nashville TN got there on the 7th. It was the last to be off loaded yesterday. Tim the sales manager was a bit frustrated with Ford, he does not know the reasons for the delays. So far they have no idea as to when they will have dealer trucks to sell, all production is to fill sales orders. Ford went to overtime at the beginning of Febuary on the Ranger line.

There was the they have to build trucks and not have any problems for

5 days on the line before they shipped any????????????

Honestly I have no real idea as to order to delivery time frame, but it is a new product.

Reply to
Markem

Actually the front seats are the "wrong color" but it looks great, and they are heated. So rather than give Murpy a chance I let it be, I rather like the look, they would have ordered the "right color" and replaced seats at the dealer.

Reply to
Markem

Mine is a 2WD, and it is taller than the 2006 which is going to a nephew.

Reply to
Markem

There are two colors of interior, they are complimentary the fronts are a dark grey, back are an off white. It looks great and it is now a one of one. :)

Reply to
Markem

The new tailgate that GMC has been pushing seems like it could sell some trucks though, especially to an older arthritic group.

Ed Pawlowski

Love the Ford trucks!

Reply to
Michael

My thought when I saw the commercials, more things to break. Now the commercial now goes to mute it is tiring!

Reply to
Markem

Why are the seats different colors? Are they going to make it right?

Reply to
John McGaw

They would but I kind of like the contrast.

Reply to
Markem

Be careful with new model years .. sometimes the teething pains don't show up until year 3 or 4 when warranty is gone. Be sure to document any problems - even the little things - - dates , names of service mgrs, etc etc Keep all the paperwork. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Actually I should have known that, I used to work for an Olds dealership. The model years typically come to an end at the end of Summer for American made vehicles. You got the brand new vehicle and that comes with some delays until they figure out all the little kinks that slow production.

Keep us informed on how you like it.

Reply to
Leon

More likely they would have ordered replacement seat covers. When I worked for a dealer you could not order seat assemblies. You had to order individual parts to put a seat together. Why would any one do that? Back in the 80's and in Houston there were countless stolen cars and the seats came out. We either bought used seats or ordered the parts to assemble them.

Reply to
Leon