OT New Truck

So I ordered it August 13, I got it today. A 2019 Ranger Lariat trim package, Steel Blue in color, only hick up is the front and back seats color is different. Happy at present.

It's not your truck until it's got its first working scratch. :)
Puckdropper

Paid for in full, so when it get scratched you are right. :)
On 3/5/2019 12:31 PM, Markem wrote:

Forgot to ask, why did it take 6 months for the order to arrive? 3 months is the norm.

Ford opened orders in August, they did not build them for sale till after Thanksgiving. Mine was built in Febuary and then shipped rail to Nashville TN got there on the 7th. It was the last to be off loaded yesterday. Tim the sales manager was a bit frustrated with Ford, he does not know the reasons for the delays. So far they have no idea as to when they will have dealer trucks to sell, all production is to fill sales orders. Ford went to overtime at the beginning of Febuary on the Ranger line.
There was the they have to build trucks and not have any problems for 5 days on the line before they shipped any????????????
Honestly I have no real idea as to order to delivery time frame, but it is a new product.
On 3/5/2019 3:30 PM, Markem wrote:

Actually I should have known that, I used to work for an Olds dealership. The model years typically come to an end at the end of Summer for American made vehicles. You got the brand new vehicle and that comes with some delays until they figure out all the little kinks that slow production.
Keep us informed on how you like it.
The GMC tailgate looks like a solution looking for a problem.
On 3/5/2019 7:58 PM, Bob D wrote:

I am a problem. My ass is not getting up in the bed without a step of some sort. If I was in the market for a pickup it would be a consideration
On 3/5/2019 9:58 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Almost all if not all pick up trucks have a step bumper to begin with. The GMC step does not go much lower than the built in step in the bumper. I use the step on the bumper to get in the bed of my Tundra, and then I drop the tailgate.
On 3/6/2019 9:40 AM, Leon wrote:

Actually I prefer this new tail gate by RAM.
https://www.motortrend.com/news/ram-1500-multifunction-tailgate/
On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 9:46:40 AM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

ep of

r.

They gave taken a proven, useful design used on Honda pickups and enhanced it. I especially like the kick activated step. It looks like its low enough to be really useful and its out of the way of trailering.
On 3/7/2019 6:23 PM, Bob D wrote:

Yes! With Honda and Ram you can actually get really close to the bed. With the GMC you are only about 8" closer to the bed, in the configuration for that purpose.
On 3/8/19 8:38 AM, Leon wrote:

That's the real benefit I see. When I saw that it reminded me the back door on a 70s station wagon that would swing all the way out.
Of course, if they'd quick making these things so fricken high off the ground, the gate wouldn't be an issue. Probably 85% of these trucks with such high suspension never get the springs bent, if you know what I mean.
My old '84 F-150 could comfortably haul a ton and a half of gravel but I could see the top of the roof and into the engine bay without a step ladder.
--

-MIKE-

On 3/8/2019 9:52 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

Or that station wagon door where the door dropped down beneath the back floor and the glass went up into the roof panel. ;~)

There is that but for open road traveling the tall stance gives you a better view.

3,000 lbs???
On 3/8/19 10:55 AM, Leon wrote:

And puts your headlights in everybody else's eyes.

Yep. Back when I was building our first house, I made regular trips to the "gravel pit" and with certain stone, a full, humped bed load was just over 1.5 tons. It flatted out the springs quite a bit, but man, it rode like a Cadillac with that load in it. I just had to make sure I got on the brakes early. :-)
--

-MIKE-

And your front bumper in everyone elses rear window in a wreck.
On 3/8/2019 11:03 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

Even a shorter truck, with a 3,000 lb load will put its head lights in every one else s eyes. LOL.
I have probably seen as many "cars" that do that too. 2 people in the back seat and there you go.
In Texas head light alignment was a requirement several years ago for annual state inspections. That has been eliminated, I think. Probably because alignment is more difficult with out a sealed beam lamp.
On 3/8/19 12:34 PM, Leon wrote:

LOL! Yep, I've seen that around here with all the landscaping trucks hauling trailers that are waaaaay too overloaded.
One time I saw one on a really wet road that was so back heavy, it lost enough traction in the front tires that it couldn't make a turn at in intersection.
--

-MIKE-

We call 'em "coon hunters" that's RACcoon

Imagine a Ford Ranger with 1200 square feet of ash hardwood flooring in it - or 22 standard IKEA billy library shelves? The hardwood from Plattsville to Waterloo, and the shelves from BVurlington to Waterloo. Rode like a dream and handled like a pig.