OT - Adrenaline Junkies

Do they have something 'extra'? Or are they missing something in their survival instinct that normal people have?
<
https://www.youtube.com/embed/cIyVNoY3_L4?autoplay=1&rel=0
<
https://www.youtube.com/embed/Fhskvloj1gE?autoplay=1&rel=0
<
https://www.youtube.com/embed/_VPvKl6ezyc?autoplay=1&rel=0

"Spalted Walt" wrote in message
Do they have something 'extra'? Or are they missing something in their survival instinct that normal people have?
<
https://www.youtube.com/embed/cIyVNoY3_L4?autoplay=1&rel=0
<
https://www.youtube.com/embed/Fhskvloj1gE?autoplay=1&rel=0
<
https://www.youtube.com/embed/_VPvKl6ezyc?autoplay=1&rel=0

Calculated risks! That's what we labeled some of the things we did "back in the day." We didn't do what was portrayed in the video but we did other things deemed crazy by many... We all lived to talk about it too! Makes for great stories...
On Sun, 3 Mar 2019 12:47:46 -0500, "John Grossbohlin"

If you only count the survivors among "we" . . .

On 3/3/2019 12:53 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

So true! The none survivors don't count
On Sun, 03 Mar 2019 15:17:41 +0000, Spalted Walt

BASE jumping takes a special kind of crazy, even by skydiver standards.
I didn't realize that the jetpacks had been developed to the stage that is shown.
I suspect that good bit of the 1950s science-fiction future is going to be happening right when I'm getting too old to enjoy it.
On 3/3/2019 1:10 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

Nor did I. After seeing it, I'm going to order one. I assume they will come in different sizes so an XXL will work. Yeah, if you see someone floating overhead, it is probably just me picking up something for dinner.

If these come in shoe size 10 wide, I'm all in!
<
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQzLrvz4DKQ
<
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kB-BGMXxZc
<https://zapata.com/air-products/flyboardair

I haven't watched the videos yet, but if it's what I expect, they are using engines created for the hobby aircraft crowd.

http://www.chiefaircraft.com/radio-control/turbine-engines/jetcat.html
Lots of different sizes. You might find buying a car a more practical use of the money, though.
Elijah ------ but it does have so many interesting ways it can go wrong
On 3/3/2019 10:17 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

Why be normal? The rush is exhilarating. You should try it sometimes.
On Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 10:17:44 AM UTC-5, Spalted Walt wrote:

I once started crossing the street before the walk signal came on.
What a rush!
On 3/3/2019 8:31 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I've always wanted to try that. You aren't normal.