OT: need snake advice

Reply to
Doug Brown

I've had several reports over the years of house cats killing rattlers, but never actually seen it happen.. When we first moved to Baja, our cats were trying to break the world record for the number of Kangaroo Rats killed and left in the shower..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Wed, Aug 22, 2007, 11:27am (EDT+5) d@p (Dave=A0Gordon) doth sayeth: The man from Wikipedia, he say yes.

Yep, that does indeed appear to be the little bugger. I especially like this two following quites from that link: They have been named the most fearless animal in the Guinness Book of World Records for a number of years. And: Adult honey badgers rarely serve as prey for lions and leopards; however, their ferocity and thick, loose skin make it hard to grip or suffocate them and predation difficult. Old, weak honey badgers are more likely to fall prey to leopards, lions, and pythons, but even old honey badgers will defend themselves as vigorously as possible. In one case, shown on an episode of Animal Planet, an old female honey badger that was nearly toothless and had one blind eye was attacked by a leopard. It took the leopard about one hour to kill the honey badger.

Hmm, I wonder. If they imported a batch of those, and turned them loose, would the pit bull population go down? LMAO I think I'd about as soon live in bear country as to find out.

JOAT I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them.

- Picasso

Reply to
J T