OT - Just a test to see if pics show up on Windows live

Swingman

Thats one hell of a foundation and concrete floor! Is that 8" ? What are you going to park in there? Nice Job with the brick and the rest.

Reply to
Evodawg

Roger, that. Within walking distance.

Max

Reply to
Max

Thanks. But the floor is 4", the footing is 16" (12" plus the 4") Code required. All of my tools are on casters and whenever I'm not working on a project I roll them out of the way and park my pick-up in there. I also do my own vehicle maintenance in there.

Max

Reply to
Max

Thought they looked familiar.

I went through basic training at Ft Bliss, then came back for a year after OCS before being shipped out to SE Asia.

Really enjoyed the country side around El Paso and the proximity to NM. Early on a summer's eve use to love to sit behind first base line at the old Sun King's stadium East of town and watch the sun go down behind the Franklin Mountains.

The desert is absolutely beautiful at sunset, so quiet and still, and minor league baseball, played for the sheer love of the game, was a perfect complement to a desert sunset.

Reply to
Swingman

"Swingman" wrote

I went thru Infantry basic at Fort Riley but was sent to Fort Bliss for Guided Missile school. Had just completed GM school when the Korean War broke out. One year in Korea and then back to Fort Bliss and White Sands. Married a local gal, got out of the Army and went to work for the Fire Dept. Retired as Deputy Chief. The El Paso Diablos (successors to the Sun Kings) stadium sits at the foot of the Franklin Mtns and within a mile of our house and we attend games when the weather isn't too hot. We're usually on the road during the summer.

Max

Reply to
Max