OT - joke

Jon's working at the lumberyard, pushing a tree through the buzz saw, and accidentally shears off all ten of his fingers. He goes to the emergency room. The doctor says, "Yuck! Well, give me the fingers, and I'll see what I can do." Jon says, "I haven't got the fingers." The doctor says, "What do you mean, you haven't got the fingers? It's the year 2000. We've got microsurgery and all kinds of incredible techniques. I could have put them back on and made you like new. Why didn't you bring the fingers?" Jon says, "Well, heck, Doc, I couldn't pick 'em up."

Art DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...

Reply to
Wood Butcher

I'm not grasping this...

Reply to
lwasserm

On Oct 11, 12:33 am, snipped-for-privacy@fellspt.charm.net () wrote: ."I'm not grasping this...

Somebody should have given him a hand?

Reply to
Robatoy

Or just given him the finger and let him handle his only problems.

Reply to
Andy

The doctor could have knuckled down and made it a joint effort perhaps?

Reply to
Robatoy

Doesn't work in any place where people do not habitually wear closed shoes. My question: why didn't he use his toes then?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

Reply to
Bob Meyer

| Because it's a freekin joke..... | Why didn't he just have a friend pick them up???

'Cause none of his friends had fingers too?

Morris Dovey

The doctor probably shouldn't be pointing fingers and just do his job.

Reply to
Stoutman

Enough! I'm sick of these off-hand remarks!

Reply to
lwasserm

snipped-for-privacy@fellspt.charm.net () wrote in news:0vSdnQVatOkXMLDYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@charm.net:

You've got your fingers in the jar now!

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I'm still trying to figure out how he got to the hospital...

Reply to
fredfighter

I doubt he thumbed a ride.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Do you suppose he let his fingers do the walking?

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Well, no one's going to hand it to me on a platter.

Reply to
lwasserm

We know he definitely didn't hitch hike.

Reply to
lwasserm

I've gotta hand it to ya on that one.

Reply to
lwasserm

How would he have called a taxi?

Reply to
Robatoy

The doctor did.

AND NOW THE REST OF THE STORY

The doctor sent the emergency crew back at the accident scene to retrieve the missing fingers and reattachment surgery was scheduled.

The hospital staff mixed up the paperwork and mistakenly the patient's right leg was amputated.

Upon realizing the mistake emergency surgery was again performed only to have the paperwork fouled up for a second time and the patient's left leg was amputated.

A law suit was filed but when the case came to trial it was thrown out of court.

The judge ruled the patient didn't have a leg to stand on.

Reply to
Nova

Maybe he already gave them the finger?

mac davis