OT: Fix for pesky cheapo aglets

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 01:26:15 -0400, FrozenNorth

Well, if it will help any, my first reply on the subject was intended to be a joke. But, it spiraled down from there.

Reply to
Dave

At least you can get pastrami. I wish Junior's would open a branch in central Florida. They would have the bread, btw.

Reply to
dadiOH

Over here in far East (Texas), that's a "farking" shoelace, Bubba! ;)

Reply to
Swingman

No need, cowboy boots are aglets ... they lets you do agriculture without getting bullshit on your socks.

Reply to
Swingman

;~) Now on to solve other worldly problems.

Reply to
Leon

Real life troubles causing one to be in a bad mood?

That my guess.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

The heat shrink snags a bit when pulling the lace back out of the eyelet during boot removal and eventually pulls off.

This works: Slide a short (1/2") length of heat shrink a few inches down the lace. Work some black silicone sealer into the last 3/4" of the lace fabric. Slide the heat shrink to cover the end and shrink it down. Let the silicone set up and trim the lace end to angle.

Eventually the heat shrink will come off, but now you have a flexible rubbery end that does not snag or fray and will last the life of the lace.

Reply to
CW